Bali Information needed

Good afternoon all,

It is quite a while since we stopped in Bali for the  day on a cruise.

From memory they had 'taxis' at the wharf.  Not the Bluebird ones sadly but a different operator.  They used to  charged approx A$20.00 for a one way journey to the Kuta area, probably more now and they accepted payment in Australian Dollars.  We were able to get a Bluebird back. Is this still the case?  From memory you could walk to the end of the street and try your luck on a bluebird - never tried this before.

As we are regular visitors to  Bali, only just back, we don't really want to go back to the main area again. Is there anything of interest around the harbour area.  ie shopping, local restaurants etc ?

We have the option of obtaining an E visa online and showing a copy of the confirmation of this at the wharf on checkin.  We have always found this process difficult.  Option 2 is for Princess to obtain the visa on our behalf - cost $75.00 against $50.00.  Quite a service fee !!  Can this visa charge come out of our onboard credit ?? 

Would appreciate any advice -  Many thanks Judy

Judithann423

We are on the Coral Princess leaving Perth for Singapore in three weeks. Princess would prefer us to obtain the visa which I did. They charge $75 and it cost me $51.91pp. It was very easy to do but you need to take a photo of yourself and have a pdf copy and a jpeg photo of your passport to upload before you start. The link to the website is https://molina.imigrasi.go.id/web/visa-selection

This topic link will also give you very useful information https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2986419-assistance-please-indonesian-visa-for-cruise/

Sorry can’t help with your other question as I have never been to Bali and I don’t intend to get off the ship as nothing really interests us.

It is best to organise your own visa IMO, it is not only cheaper but I find the process easiest.

As to Bali, I have been once and while I am glad I gave visited, once is enough. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, judithann423 said:

Good afternoon all,

We have the option of obtaining an E visa online and showing a copy of the confirmation of this at the wharf on checkin.  We have always found this process difficult.  Option 2 is for Princess to obtain the visa on our behalf - cost $75.00 against $50.00.  Quite a service fee !!  Can this visa charge come out of our onboard credit ?? 

Would appreciate any advice -  Many thanks Judy

When exactly are you cruising to Bali?  The visa is being dropped in October for Australians and nine or so other countries.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Port Power said:

When exactly are you cruising to Bali?  The visa is being dropped in October for Australians and nine or so other countries.

Yes they are talking about scrapping the visa for Aussies 

Edited by rkmw

5 hours ago, rkmw said:

Yes they are talking about scrapping the visa for Aussies 

You must have found an article to confirm the comment I made.  One source is the “West Australian” in July this year.  https://thewest.com.au/travel/bali-visa-fees-to-go-c-15315764

I’m on a world cruise next year that has three days in Bali, so I was very happy hearing another annoying visa was off the list.

20 minutes ago, Port Power said:

You must have found an article to confirm the comment I made.  One source is the “West Australian” in July this year.  https://thewest.com.au/travel/bali-visa-fees-to-go-c-15315764

I’m on a world cruise next year that has three days in Bali, so I was very happy hearing another annoying visa was off the list.

When I saw your comment I was curious so I googled it and they said they hope to scrap the visa 

Yes, I heard this too - going on the Coral 15 September so if this does come in we will miss out.

We have onboard credit so presume we can use this to pay for the visa??

Have attempted the e-visa before but never successful.

4 hours ago, Port Power said:

I hope Vietnam is next. All sorts of hassles getting one for there. Last time I was there it was simple. Fill in a form on arrival and pay AUD50 and you're in (IIRC).

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I hope Vietnam is next. All sorts of hassles getting one for there. Last time I was there it was simple. Fill in a form on arrival and pay AUD50 and you're in (IIRC).

If you are on a cruise ship, they always provide a blanket visa.  I have never had to provide my own Viet visa when cruising many brands.