Onboard Enchanted August 24 to 31. We reserved The Sanctuary for the whole cruise!!

Lady Arwen

Enjoy the cabana :)

If you have a chance can you advise if there are any sun loungers not under cover (not under the tarp like material ) in full sun. I've viewed videos and it seems there are not . I want to verify if possible

17 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Please let us know how The Catch goes tonight! 😀

The Catch was lovely.  Exemplary service and the food a solid 8/9.  However, you must be prepared for a lengthy experience.  Half an hour to get appetizers and then an another hour before entree arrived.  Dessert another half hour.  You order everything, including dessert, at the beginning.  We’re there three more times this week, so I’ll let you know how it goes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Luckybee said:

Enjoy the cabana 🙂

If you have a chance can you advise if there are any sun loungers not under cover (not under the tarp like material ) in full sun. I've viewed videos and it seems there are not . I want to verify if possible

Indeed there are lots in full sun.  As a matter of fact another couple showed up this morning at their assigned loungers and the attendants moved the loungers around to give them full sun.  They literally move mountains to please you!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So happy to be able to enjoy the Sanctuary.  The ship is sailing at full capacity and the children (all 18,412 of them I personally counted) are quite noisy, but enjoying themselves.  Everyone is in a great mood and very friendly.  Our two cabana neighbours are just delightful young men.  They keep us laughing!  We just pulled into Boston harbour and it’s quite lovely.  More later.  Any questions, please just ask and I’ll try to answer.

At some point I’ll share our Princess transfer horror story with you.  Long story short, five of us were forgotten at the airport.  We finally arrived at the ship just before 4:00.  Last ones onboard.  Nobody even apologized to us, which was disappointing.  Anyway, that’s all behind us now.

Edited by Lady Arwen
  • Like 1

Thanks for the update. Full sailing huh. I was going to ask you about that. Last full week of summer before school so I'm sure its the last blast for many families. We are on the 21st sailing, so expecting the makeup of passengers to be skewed more towards the... ahem, more mature of us 🙂 

We've got the Catch X 3 The grill X 2 and Sabatinis X2 so glad to hear the Catch was excellent !

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, grimace95120 said:

Thanks for the update. Full sailing huh. I was going to ask you about that. Last full week of summer before school so I'm sure its the last blast for many families. We are on the 21st sailing, so expecting the makeup of passengers to be skewed more towards the... ahem, more mature of us 🙂 

We've got the Catch X 3 The grill X 2 and Sabatinis X2 so glad to hear the Catch was excellent !

You will enjoy The Catch experience.  Just pack your patience and you’ll be good.  As soon as you sit down they bring warm bread with toppings and spreads.  Delicious!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

At some point I’ll share our Princess transfer horror story with you

FWIW, we stopped using Princess transfers years ago.  It is more convenient to book a car service (Blacklane is our favorite worldwide) or a taxi.

• Thanks 1

Just now, LACruiser88 said:

FWIW, we stopped using Princess transfers years ago.  It is more convenient to book a car service (Blacklane is our favorite worldwide) or a taxi.

This was our first time!  We always arrive at the embarkation port two days prior then cab or car service to the cruise terminal.  However, our elderly dog is our prime concern and our granddaughter could not take anymore time off of work to come to our home.  So, we flew into Newark same day.  We decided to use the Princess transfer because we thought it would be so easy.  The following four and a half hours were stressful, but I’ll tell you about that at another time.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

You will enjoy The Catch experience.  Just pack your patience and you’ll be good.  As soon as you sit down they bring warm bread with toppings and spreads.  Delicious!

we're doing the Catch boarding night on SUN P in October - that will be our night - 6:00 reservation - out by 8:00?  couple of after dinner drinks and done.  Next day sea day to explore ship

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, voljeep said:

we're doing the Catch boarding night on SUN P in October - that will be our night - 6:00 reservation - out by 8:00?  couple of after dinner drinks and done.  Next day sea day to explore ship

Exactly!  We wandered around for a bit after we left around 9ish and enjoyed our nightcaps, then off to bed.  The ship is quite lovely.  

• Like 1

@Lady Arwen I am enjoying following along on your Sanctuary experience. Love the number of children you have onboard 🤣 with your voyage.

The rest of the children are in the Phoenix area and they started school about a month ago here- so schools are all over the place with how they start & stop. Still quite a few home schooled children too.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@Lady Arwen I am enjoying following along on your Sanctuary experience. Love the number of children you have onboard 🤣 with your voyage.

The rest of the children are in the Phoenix area and they started school about a month ago here- so schools are all over the place with how they start & stop. Still quite a few home schooled children too.

The service goes above and beyond any of our expectations.  An absolutely delightful experience.  Time for a little nap.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Indeed there are lots in full sun.  As a matter of fact another couple showed up this morning at their assigned loungers and the attendants moved the loungers around to give them full sun.  They literally move mountains to please you!

The good news is you gave me the answer I wanted. The bad news is I guess I will now have to board early in Feb to get the sanctuary lol at least for a couple sea days 

I had originally thought I wouldnt bother since Im in an aft penthouse, but it is one of the ones without the super wide balcony.

Did you go directly to the sanctuary or to a concierge to book?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luckybee said:

The good news is you gave me the answer I wanted. The bad news is I guess I will now have to board early in Feb to get the sanctuary lol at least for a couple sea days 

I had originally thought I wouldnt bother since Im in an aft penthouse, but it is one of the ones without the super wide balcony.

Did you go directly to the sanctuary or to a concierge to book?

Embarkation day we didn’t arrive until almost 4pm, due to the Princess transfer fiasco.  We assumed that we were hours too late to secure a spot, so we didn’t bother.  The next morning after breakfast we decided to head up and see if perhaps there were some half days available.  When we arrived it was empty!  I asked if there were any spots available, possibly for our entire cruise.  I expected him to tell us absolutely not, but he said yes, of course, let me show you around.  We picked two lounges in the shade and we were very happy.  At 2:00 pm we were given the cabana for the week.

This is not what usually happens.  Most of the time it’s a mad rush on embarkation day and most are turned away.  This is Monday and it’s now booked solid for the rest of the week.  For some strange reason everyone waited until today, except for us and four other people.

I have zero knowledge of how it works with the concierge.

in the shade

• Like 1