Info please for possible booking

RosieRuby

We are considering a cruise with Explora Journeys for a special birthday next year and just have a few queries ...

As non-smokers we have not been able to find answers as to whether smoking is allowed in staterooms/on balconies. A recent post has suggested that Crema cafe is a smoking area where smoke carries. Also, please can you confirm whether announcements are multi-language with such an international mix of passengers. 

Some previous comments have discussed dress code (if any) and whether past EJ guests have found that "anything goes" or if dress guidelines are in place. Thank you.

Smoking is not allowed in staterooms or balconies. Smoking is indeed allowed outside the Crema Cafe and for that reason, I would not book staterooms directly above the cafe.

Announcements are all in English.

While there is no dress code per se, no-one was wearing shorts to dinner and most men were in slacks and a button down/polo shirt with or without a jacket.  True "country club casual".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As for the dress code, it can be very mixed.  We did 16 days in February which could have been booked separately as 9 day and 7 day cruises.  During the first 9 day segment my wife thought that she was somewhat underdressed, yet during the second segment I recall her quote  "some of these people look homeless."  Overall, the country club casual idea Dr Cocktail describes is spot on. 

56 minutes ago, Wheelhouse said:

As for the dress code, it can be very mixed.  We did 16 days in February which could have been booked separately as 9 day and 7 day cruises.  During the first 9 day segment my wife thought that she was somewhat underdressed, yet during the second segment I recall her quote  "some of these people look homeless."  Overall, the country club casual idea Dr Cocktail describes is spot on. 

I found that in October last year the evening clothing worn was a bit more casual than I expected to see  given the high price and demographics of passengers. 

I think being comfortable takes a high priority on board rather than dressing up. However overall the dress code I experienced was  tasteful casual IMHO

• Like 1

Fairly relaxed -- wear your shorts  and sleeveless shirts in Sakura, Marble and Med Yacht. 

Wear your baseball hats and exercise gear in the Emporium...

We don't have a dress code onboard but we suggest an elegant resort casual style.

Please consider the following in our restaurants, and indoor bars and lounges:

• Swim wear and bathrobes are not allowed throughout the day in any of the restaurants and indoor bars and lounges.

• Shorts and sleeveless t-shirts are not allowed during dinner time (18:00 - late) in Anthology, Fil Rouge

• Baseball caps and sportswear are not allowed during dinner time (18:00 - late) in Anthology, Fil Rouge, Sakura, Marble & Co. Grill, Med Yacht Club.

• 4 weeks later...

The smoking thing is a bit odd, because on Deck 5 the only way to step outside is from the cafe and you then step out into what we like to call “coughers’ corner” and be engulfed in smoke.  When we queried the fact that there was no door to step out on the smoke-free port side, we were told we could walk through the Anthology restaurant and out into Anthology’s external seating area.  We are on Deck 7 starboard not far above coughers’ corner and haven’t been troubled by smoke on our balcony.