Just off the Magic - The Great, The Good and the Horrible - Serious Problems Onboard W/ Fighting & Kids

55 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

We have determined there is a kid problem at times and a parent problem at times along with an adult language problem at times. If we could solve one, we should try look to solve all. Talking about the problem is a step in the correct direction.

Baby step, but none the less a step. 

On 9/6/2024 at 12:45 PM, vacruisin said:

Same with us.  We have been on 16 Carnival cruises and have never, ever witnessed any fights (and we used to go to the nightclub a lot back when we first started cruising).  All but one of those cruises have been to the Carribean.  The worst thing we have ever witnesses was two groups of people having brief words in the main auditorium before a show.  One person did throw ice on another person but that was the extend of that altercation.

On our cruises we usually just see folks having fun and enjoying themselves.  You see people of all walks of life, all races, ages, religions, and political affiliations just mingling, laughing, talking, drinking, and having fun.

This narrative of Carnival cruises being full of rowdy folks is just that.....a narrative that has been put out there and some people just run with it.  

I'm about to hop on the Horizon on Sunday and I am sure it will be just as fun and drama-free as all of our previous 16 Carnival cruises.  I'll report back if not.

Reporting back from my cruise on the Horizon last week.  Now that's 17 Carnival cruises with no drama; we had a blast per usual.  Loading cruise number 18 in January.  2 weeks to Hawaii on the Radiance.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vacruisin said:

Reporting back from my cruise on the Horizon last week.  Now that's 17 Carnival cruises with no drama; we had a blast per usual.  Loading cruise number 18 in January.  2 weeks to Hawaii on the Radiance.  

Prob will have no rough stuff on the Hawaii trip - pretty safe bet. 

• Like 1

Just returned from the Sunrise on a 5 day out of Miami (yes I know better).  1 fight, multiple young ladies yelling at boyfriends in the hallway, 2 cabins searched for marijuana, roving bands of cursing disruptive and disrespectful kids, 1 group of 6 (age 20-30) taken down the elevator with all their belongings and a Belgian Malinois on board searching for a young man that assaulted a security officer.

Low prices are one reason, the other imho is the ability to now 'finance' your cruise with Affirm and programs like this. It has attracted a clientele that is violent, lacks basic manners, and only knows/glorifies thug/hood culture.

This will be our last Caribbean cruise out of any American port except for those cruise lines that are in a higher price bracket.  I'm not sure I even trust 7 day cruises to Caribbean ports.

I sailed on the celebration out of Miami on the 18 August. My 12th carnival cruise and the one where I witnessed the worst behaviour. It wasn't fighting, I've never seen a fight aboard any ship but I saw several incidents where passengers were absolutely vile and verbally abusive to crew. Shouting in their faces, swearing at them calling them stupid whilst the crew member is apologising to the abuser.

Yes, I've some some rude, entitled people previously but it was both the level and frequency of aggression that stood out for me. Interestingly (maybe) most of the people I saw do this had blue cards around their necks and all of them appeared old enough to know better. 

I know cruise passengers are just a cross section of people from wider society so it's a disappointing assessment of society really. 

I put in my post cruise survey that carnival needs to implement a zero tolerance approach towards guests abusing crew. 

• Like 2