LIVE Labor Day on the Mardi Gras (8/31/24 - 9/8/24)

5 hours ago, princess76021 said:

they look good,  how did they taste?

hugs from texas!!

They were ok, TBH.

also I stayed up WAY too late with comedy and shows and general just hanging around.

i don’t think I’m making breakfast tommorow after coming in on a redeye; just going to take it easy.

i drank a “kiss on the lips” to try it.JFC it’s literally pure sugar haha.

so I’ve got a ton of calories to work off..but my Fitbit said I burned 3500; so that’s a good start!

• Like 6

22 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

And we’re offff..into what looks like a storm haha

(the glory beat us out of the channel)

IMG_7857.thumb.jpeg.798e55ce697dad9734d2978b498dfe2f.jpeg

Sure hope so, Glory left on Friday. That must be ol' Stumpy. ☺️

22 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Cocoa Beach areaIMG_7858.thumb.jpeg.0cd5dba03cb89567f7c254c2b8aa9ecd.jpeg

This is Jetty Park right there and Cape Canaveral. Cocoa Beach is about 3 miles south - if you zoom way in, it's near the top of the picture.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Sure hope so, Glory left on Friday. That must be ol' Stumpy. ☺️

This is Jetty Park right there and Cape Canaveral. Cocoa Beach is about 3 miles south - if you zoom way in, it's near the top of the picture.

Doh! I MEANT Freedom.

yeah, I tried to get as good zoom as I could to get that entire area..but that’s the best iPhone XR can do

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Have2Cruise said:

Thanks for giving us another live review.  I applaud the positive steps you are taking in your wellbeing.  You deserve to be healthy and happy.  Great results and wishing you the best on your path.

Thank you. 
mental health is much tougher for me than my physical health journey; becuse there’s no real documented path on how to accomplish it; but I strive to be more mentally healthy everyday.

• Like 4

I just put in my order at 7:12; we’ll see if I can get out of here by 9. I hope so, because they have a “magic” show in the main theatre that I’d like to make. After that though it’s bed, as an early morning to get my 18-minute mile in, and have breakfast; gotta meet at 10 for the HomeSweetHome excursion, in the port…so that means I’ll probably need to be walking OFF the boat at 9:45.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Prometheus1 said:

Love the Weyland -Yutani shirt! (I have an original film crew Nostromo hat  my neighbor gave me!)

Enjoying following your Live!

Noyce!

Not surprisingly, no comments on my shirt today.

(had a few comments on my shirt yesterday because no one could understand what it meant…

“I don’t always test my code; but when I do, I do it in production” 

Its a software engineer joke)

• Like 7

19 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

They were ok, TBH.

also I stayed up WAY too late with comedy and shows and general just hanging around.

i don’t think I’m making breakfast tommorow after coming in on a redeye; just going to take it easy.

i drank a “kiss on the lips” to try it.JFC it’s literally pure sugar haha.

so I’ve got a ton of calories to work off..but my Fitbit said I burned 3500; so that’s a good start!

My DH felt the same way about the duck rolls. He only managed one bite. 

41 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Noyce!

Not surprisingly, no comments on my shirt today.

(had a few comments on my shirt yesterday because no one could understand what it meant…

“I don’t always test my code; but when I do, I do it in production” 

Its a software engineer joke)

My wife works as a software QA engineer...pretty sure you and her would be fine socially but professionally, might need some ground rules going in...

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

My wife works as a software QA engineer...pretty sure you and her would be fine socially but professionally, might need some ground rules going in...

lol; I also realize the function of QA..but it always makes me feel like “you don’t know what you’re doing, so we pay others to check your work”

we actually offshore our QA team.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A funny story from dinner…

so of course I always get stuck in the back at the “Lonely Diner Table”..but another gal ALSO got stuck back there next to me; but on the opposite side of me. It was funny because we were both solo’s and facing each other at tables next to each other..it kind of tripped out the waiter haha.

She didn’t order much at Cucina, and also told the waiter she didn’t like it very much.

she also was an extremely loud chewer (I think open-mouth but I didn’t want to look! Haha)

More than a few people have complained about the food on this cruise I’ve heard…it’s like..what are you expecting!? Or maybe more the question..what do you NORMALLY eat!? I’ve heard a lot of people say “this food has no flavor”..I wonder if people just HEAVILY add salt (and salt products) to their food…that much salt is BAD for you.

I actually really like eating on the ship, because the portions are “correct” for a normal human..and I also don’t need to cook or do dishes!

• Like 16

So tonight’s main show was supposed to be something called “M-Theory” but instead they switched it to “Enigma” which is a comedy magician.

he said he’s from Loch Lomond..but having been to Ireland and Scotland, that’s no way a Scottish accent..sounds more Irish or Welsh

• Like 3