Visiting Amalfi coast, Ravello and Positano, driving vs ferry

Tina80

11 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

The ferry I was on was part of a Celebrity shore excursion. The ferry went direct from Salerno to Amalfi with no other stops. We then had an hour to visit Amalfi before getting another ferry from Amalfi to Salerno with no other stops. I don't know about other ferry routes such as from Positano to Amalfi. Maybe check out the Amalfi Coast ferry websites for more information.

It could be nice to combine a land and ferry trip. The views from high on the coast are fabulous and it was lovely to be on the water enjoying the scenery away from the traffic. 

Good luck with your planning and hope you have a wonderful trip. 😊

Perfect, thank you so much, I will look for a combined option

15 hours ago, Tina80 said:

Thank you so much, this sounds like a great itinerary. How did ypu plan your tour? Can you please share thename of your tour and also how you were able to ask for a mixed (car, ferry) tour?

There are several facebook groups not sure which one is the one for our RC Odyssey of the seas, start date Oct 1 st

How did I plan it?  I had read lots of trip reports so I had a good idea of travel times, plus the names of several limo companies.  The ferry schedule (TravelMar) is limited so it kinda puts the day in place for you!

Some limo companies would only do their fixed itinerary. 

For the drive back to Naples we didn't retrace our route; it seemed like we wound thru the mountains behind Ravello and took a back way.  I don't know if all drivers do that, but there wasnt much traffic.

It helped that we had a long port day, 7am-7pm.

I used Aldo Limo. They were good to work with. Our driver was kind of a dud tho but I guess that can happen with any company. My only real complaint was lunch .... I had read that when a driver gives a recommendation, it's either a really good restaurant, OR, a place that gives him a good kickback. Sadly it was the latter. Mediocre food, great view. I would have preferred to grab a slice somewhere rather than waste an hr in a restaurant but my travel companions wanted the lunch.  

Try asking for acccss again on FB.   I got it immediately.

18 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

How did I plan it?  I had read lots of trip reports so I had a good idea of travel times, plus the names of several limo companies.  The ferry schedule (TravelMar) is limited so it kinda puts the day in place for you!

Some limo companies would only do their fixed itinerary. 

For the drive back to Naples we didn't retrace our route; it seemed like we wound thru the mountains behind Ravello and took a back way.  I don't know if all drivers do that, but there wasnt much traffic.

It helped that we had a long port day, 7am-7pm.

I used Aldo Limo. They were good to work with. Our driver was kind of a dud tho but I guess that can happen with any company. My only real complaint was lunch .... I had read that when a driver gives a recommendation, it's either a really good restaurant, OR, a place that gives him a good kickback. Sadly it was the latter. Mediocre food, great view. I would have preferred to grab a slice somewhere rather than waste an hr in a restaurant but my travel companions wanted the lunch.  

Try asking for acccss again on FB.   I got it immediately.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your great and helpful reply. I canceled my request to access that group and resend it, still no luck

23 hours ago, Tina80 said:

Perfect, thank you, I will look for that today and hopefully figure it out. I understand this is not the official ferry you were speaking of but looks like they stops for pax to have some free time at each place and then then can get on the same ferry: https://www.getyourguide.com/naples-l162/from-naples-ferry-boat-ticket-to-amalfi-and-positano-t553938/?ranking_uuid=50b03700-ab58-412b-830c-ee17f2dbc59a
What is the name of the pick up location I should look for? Mollo Beverello? And also, does the regular ferry also stop for everyone to look around and have some free time, then they can get back on the ferry to the next destination? Thanks

There are several ferry companies. I am not sure where you are docking so I don’t want to suggest exact pick up location. Maybe someone on your roll call will be able to identify that for you. When we docked in Naples, there were different ferries right there at the port. We just picked one for Capri. It worked well. When we stayed on the coast, we used ferries to take us to various places. I wish I could be more specific for you. Maybe someone else can chime in who has done it recently. 

23 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

There are several ferry companies. I am not sure where you are docking so I don’t want to suggest exact pick up location. Maybe someone on your roll call will be able to identify that for you. When we docked in Naples, there were different ferries right there at the port. We just picked one for Capri. It worked well. When we stayed on the coast, we used ferries to take us to various places. I wish I could be more specific for you. Maybe someone else can chime in who has done it recently. 

Thank you, I think Royal Carribean docks in Molo Beverello but I could be wrong