Sanitizing Buckets on Queen Mary 2

RK-NC

IMG_20240829_040926209_HDR.thumb.jpg.2dbb65cb3c5cbcea597ce5c43854f58b.jpg

On QM2 now and seeing these buckets everywhere. I nearly tripped over this one in the King's Court this morning - right in front of the juice and water station. Crew are carrying them around in many areas of the ship. I'm all for sanitizing but I find this open bucket with a rag in it disgusting (and a tripping hazard). Is this normal procedure on Cunard ships? 

Our waiter team in Britannia has gone from bad to worse and we are being assigned a new one tomorrow. Our section is 4 couples (all of us are on the 30 day voyage) and everyone is receiving the wrong items. Waiters are clueless about the menu. Waiters are serving improperly, reaching across the table, cutlery is not being properly placed. We had to skip dessert tonight in order to make it to the show on time. 

Disposable paper towels used with a spray bottle of sanitizing chemical would be more discreet but this bucket method is certainly within code as long as the chemical is mixed and maintained in the correct mix.

Doesn’t require much, something like 250/ppm.

6 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Disposable paper towels used with a spray bottle of sanitizing chemical would be more discreet

Buckets everywhere in Kings Court - gives off a certain nursing home vibe. I would prefer more discreet sanitizing methods. 

• Like 1

It is a tripping hazard. I almost fell maneuvering out of that corner as I finished filling a glass with water. When I finish mopping the kitchen, I don't leave the bucket and mop water sitting out. 

Have you reported the trip hazard to someone on board? I can understand why Kings Court needs regular sanitising but it should be possible to do it without creating additional hazards.