Code Red

My last cruise was on the Voyager during January/February 2024 and most of the cruise was spent under Code Red due to intestinal illness.  I now see that the Voyager is again under Code Red.  This puts a real wet blanket on the cruise experience even if it is needed.  The tables in the dinning rooms have nothing on them when you enter except the tablecloth and those off the pool grill have nothing at all.  The menus are throw away sheets of paper with small print (shrink the normal menu down a sheet of paper).  If you ask for salt and pepper you receive a paper packets.  La Veranda has one door closed with everyone entering through the other where you are asked to wash your hands and you have to have food dished up for you by a crew member.  This limits the number of crew who can serve you at the tables and reset the tables after use.  Most of the restrooms have their door propped open.  The puzzle and the library are closed down.  There is more limited contact between passengers and crew, as a Solo we were not allowed to eat dinner with any crew members.

I never had any problems with the intestinal problems, but I still have trouble believing how many passengers had to be constantly asked to go along with the health measures.  I normally am careful to follow what I consider standard health measures such as covering coughs and sneezes, and washing or sanitizing your hands.  I hope the other passengers will follow standard health actions so that the risk of having a health emergency is reduced and the cruise can be a more pleasant experience.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nachosdelux said:

I can tell you from casual observation that men (in general) are disgusting.

So many men walk out of the restroom without washing their hands.

Probably 2 out 3....but touching a handrail or a doorknob is probably a greater risk. I flew on a 54 minute flight last weekend, didn't touch anything, wiped my hands repeatedly, wore 2 masks and still got sick. 

Thankfully the Voyager (currently in Trieste) is no longer operating at Code Red level, but hopefully everyone will continue to maintain high standards of personal hygiene as a matter of routine!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gilly said:

Thankfully the Voyager (currently in Trieste) is no longer operating at Code Red level, but hopefully everyone will continue to maintain high standards of personal hygiene as a matter of routine!

Yes, certainly hope so! No shortage of opportunities on the ship to wash/sanitize hands before eating and drinking 😊. Have a wonderful trip, Gill and Mark! Looking forward to reading about it.

• Like 1