Pre and Post Cruise with HAL

If you are certain you are going to use them you should book ASAP.  They have an understanding of how many people usually book for any given location and only set aside in accordance with their statistics 

6 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

If you are certain you are going to use them you should book ASAP.  They have an understanding of how many people usually book for any given location and only set aside in accordance with their statistics 

Good advice!  For my upcoming Transatlantic 42 day cruise R/T Ft Lauderdale  the message was it was to soon to book a hotel .  I called HAL as did my TA and I was told they were having trouble with their suppliers and to book a precruise hotel on my own, which I did.  Then I was told by my TA that it was wait listed.  I asked how could it be wait listed if it was never offered to begin with?  Finally I cleared the wait list and the precruise package was booked and other hotel cancelled.

I had always booked precruise in Seattle with no trouble.  Ft. Lauderdale was very stressful, so book it as soon as it is offered!

3 hours ago, Archipelago said:

Got them booked ..HAL does a great job with this !!!! Yay 🙌 

glad it worked out...the convenience is worth the extra price🙂!

Dumb question, are you referring to getting a hotel? We can do that through HAL? Is it less expensive? What are the benefits to doing it through them vs getting one on our own?

6 hours ago, MommyAJ6 said:

Dumb question, are you referring to getting a hotel? We can do that through HAL? Is it less expensive? What are the benefits to doing it through them vs getting one on our own?

You can get your own hotel.  HAL hotels have the following features attached

1. they include transfers from the airport and to the ship

2. outside of North America they may also include breakfast and early checkin.  Considering many international flights arrive very early in the morning this is a valuable feature.  
3. occasionally the transfer may include a small city tour

4. for those traveling solo or in need of extra assistance they can be a great convenience.  Be sure to notify them if you need mobility assistance 

No they are not cheaper.  You purchase them through the website or your TA can manage this for you 

• Like 2

When you book HAL Pre and Post hotels but possibly not flights through HAL do you need to call their desk to notify them of your flight arrangements ? Also do you get any credit for Star status spending for the hotel bookings through HAL ? Just wondering ..it is a ways off for me.

45 minutes ago, Archipelago said:

When you book HAL Pre and Post hotels but possibly not flights through HAL do you need to call their desk to notify them of your flight arrangements ? Also do you get any credit for Star status spending for the hotel bookings through HAL ? Just wondering ..it is a ways off for me.

On your manage my cruise page, check in there is a spot to include your flight details.  That is all you need do. Be sure if your flight changes you enter that change.   You get no star bonus for pre and post cruise travel 

• Like 1