Restaurant Reservations Not Open for Part of December Cruise?

acstall

We are booked on the Serenity cruise this December over New Year's Eve. We are paid in full so I went online to make restaurant reservations. All are available through December 31, but starting January 1 restaurant reservations are showing not available.  That seems more like a system glitch rather than reality.  Anyone else seeing this issue?  

20 minutes ago, acstall said:

Thank you both. I went ahead and booked Umi Uma for December 30. Hopefully can book January nights in the next few days.

I'll try to remember but if it's not open in two days please post and I will followup with the person who can get this fixed should it be a problem.

Keith

21 hours ago, acstall said:

Thank you both. I went ahead and booked Umi Uma for December 30. Hopefully can book January nights in the next few days.

I just wanted you to know I've now asked someone to followup on this one.

Keith

50 minutes ago, juicyjuju said:

I just booked Umi Uma for the 30th. The later dates are still not available. 

Julie ,correct.

I reported it to my contact and got a response that they are following up.

It's Sunday so it might take a couple of days.

I have it on my followup.

Keith

• Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 10:38 AM, juicyjuju said:

I just booked Umi Uma for the 30th. The later dates are still not available. 

Julie,

The later dates for the New Years Cruise are now available for Umi Uma and Osteria. I've let Crystal know that Tastes is not showing bookable on those later dates.

Keith

13 minutes ago, juicyjuju said:

I was able to make a reservation for Osteria today but Tastes is "not available" for the whole cruise. All booked up for 9 nights?

Perhaps they are planning on Beefbar being open by that time and will open up reservations when they know for sure.

Patty

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, juicyjuju said:

I was able to make a reservation for Osteria today but Tastes is "not available" for the whole cruise. All booked up for 9 nights?

Sheer speculation, but that might be part of the migration to Beefbar.  If I were them, I'd shut off reservations for the old concept as the timeline came into focus so there were fewer reservations to either (a) have to migrate or (b) have to communicate the change to, and then just open the new concept in its pace when it's ready to accept reservations and everything can be communicated.  Just a thought...

Vince

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Texas Tillie said:

Perhaps they are planning on Beefbar being open by that time and will open up reservations when they know for sure.

Patty

LOL...  It's scary (in the best possible way) how often we read something and think the exact same thing at the same time.  🙂 

Vince

• Like 2

1 minute ago, juicyjuju said:

Oh thanks. I had forgotten about that. I'm not really a steak eater I hope there's good non beef alternatives 

There are some preliminary menus on Crystal's website...  I'd take them with a grain of salt at this point since they will evolve and change to some degree, like all menus do with Crystal, but at least it gives you an idea of the concept.  https://www.crystalcruises.com/beefbar

Vince

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, juicyjuju said:

I've been following up with Crystal and this one is being worked on.

I had advised them the other day that reservations could be made on any of the other days for Osteria or Umi Uma but not for Tastes and they are aware of that.  It is being worked on.

Keith