Price drop before final payment but paid in full

5 hours ago, Asawi said:

300? Wow! That's a lot! I do recall my PCC telling me once that there was no point in doing the price drop thing on my room even though it had come down a lot. It wouldn't save me anything. I thought it was because of different promos, but maybe that fee was involved. Instead he did a slight room upgrade and because of price drop I got some money back (and a better room). I have not been able to find any documentation on policies which I find frustrating. Also I don't find too many Europeans reporting their experiences. I do however have a good PCC that had been very helpful.

Any price-drop consideration after final payment is a courtesy, so no, you will not find any published policy - unless you can find a TA that is willing to share (that's how the US guidelines became semi-public). Have you checked the cancellation policies for information regarding admin fees for changes made after final payment?

5 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Any price-drop consideration after final payment is a courtesy, so no, you will not find any published policy - unless you can find a TA that is willing to share (that's how the US guidelines became semi-public). Have you checked the cancellation policies for information regarding admin fees for changes made after final payment?

Except as I understood it we were discussing BEFORE final pay date. At least I was. (Over here final pay is 30 days.)

13 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Except as I understood it we were discussing BEFORE final pay date. At least I was. (Over here final pay is 30 days.)

Fair enough - I missed that part. But admin fees should still be listed somewhere in the cancellation schedule, assuming price drops are considered a cancellation/rebook.

29 minutes ago, julig22 said:

assuming price drops are considered a cancellation/rebook.

Well, I guess that's kind of the question. Are they? In my experience it doesn't seem so when I let my PCC handle things. But I really don't know! I ask him what he can do and most of the time he comes back with something good. 😄 (I don't worry too much about it. I don't book unless I feel original price is acceptable and any refund/upgrade is just a nice bonus.)

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

This is before final payment.  I have only paid a deposit at this point.  Final payment is not due until October 22nd, which is 30 days before sailing.

14 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Well, I guess that's kind of the question. Are they? In my experience it doesn't seem so when I let my PCC handle things. But I really don't know! I ask him what he can do and most of the time he comes back with something good. 😄 (I don't worry too much about it. I don't book unless I feel original price is acceptable and any refund/upgrade is just a nice bonus.)

I found this clause at the bottom of my booking confirmation.

Under International Payment protection

Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.

So it looks like I have entered into a contract that will charge me for changing or cancelling my booking before final payment.  It seems appropriate and justifiable is 300 and something euros.

I may just let them keep my original deposit and rebook at a lower price.

• Like 1