Earliest Debarking Time in Miami

I know this has been asked before but I’m looking at flights out of Miami.  Is it possible to catch a a flight at 11:06am or would I be stressing too much.  I know we can carry our bags off so we can get off the ship earlier but I wasn’t sure if I’d be pushing it.  Thanks.

24 minutes ago, Luv2bcruising56 said:

I know this has been asked before but I’m looking at flights out of Miami.  Is it possible to catch a a flight at 11:06am or would I be stressing too much.  I know we can carry our bags off so we can get off the ship earlier but I wasn’t sure if I’d be pushing it.  Thanks.

It is possible.  However, sometimes "things" happen and can skew all the variables.

Usually, the ships arrive in port fairly early.  If you are an early riser, and get into the "Easy Walk Off line" near the beginning of the line (which can wind all over the ship), you are far more likely to have a less stressful experience.

You need to realize that the port might cause delays ...unexpected hold-ups happen occasionally.

50 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

It is possible.  However, sometimes "things" happen and can skew all the variables.

Usually, the ships arrive in port fairly early.  If you are an early riser, and get into the "Easy Walk Off line" near the beginning of the line (which can wind all over the ship), you are far more likely to have a less stressful experience.

You need to realize that the port might cause delays ...unexpected hold-ups happen occasionally.

Thanks for your response!  

1 hour ago, Luv2bcruising56 said:

We always book flights around 11 am. 

Self Assist disembarkation (walking your own luggage off the ship) starts around 7:30 and you can be at the airport gate before 9:00

image.thumb.png.acf8b1bec974115776e402223f3a488a.png

Personally, we don't plan for worst case scenarios. Our worst arrival in Miami was when there was heavy fog and the port closed. We didn't get to the dock until after lunch. I just rebooked our flight, twice, while waiting off shore. We would never book a 6:00 pm flight,,, just in case,  just in case, just in case, just in case,,, there is fog in the port. We have also been delayed in disembarkation due to CBP delays, not starting until 8:30. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We always book flights around 11 am. 

Self Assist disembarkation (walking your own luggage off the ship) starts around 7:30 and you can be at the airport gate before 9:00

image.thumb.png.acf8b1bec974115776e402223f3a488a.png

Personally, we don't plan for worst case scenarios. Our worst arrival in Miami was when there was heavy fog and the port closed. We didn't get to the dock until after lunch. I just rebooked our flight, twice, while waiting off shore. We would never book a 6:00 pm flight,,, just in case,  just in case, just in case, just in case,,, there is fog in the port. We have also been delayed in disembarkation due to CBP delays, not starting until 8:30. 

Thanks Bird.  It’s been a few years since we flew out of Miami.  My memory isn’t what it used to be.

4 hours ago, Luv2bcruising56 said:

That should provide enough time under normal circumstances.  We usually plan on a somewhat later flight, however, so we don't have to get up so early, hurry through our last breakfast on board, and rush to the airport to catch our flight.  We are fortunate enough to live near an airport less than three hours flying time from Miami.  We also have a choice of direct flights almost every hour of the day.  Because of that, we can enjoy a relaxed breakfast on board the ship, be among the last to disembark, have our choice of a taxi, Uber, or a shuttle bus, arrive at the Miami airport by 11:00 AM, check in, go through security, stop for a light lunch, then do some people watching before boarding our plane.  Our flight lands by mid-afternoon and our short taxi ride gets us home in plenty of time for dinner and a relaxing evening.  As for us, then, we would never seriously consider booking a flight out of Miami at 11:06 AM.  We prefer to relax, enjoy the moment, and remember that we're still on vacation!  YMMV.

• Like 2