** Live from the Disney Wish ** September 13-16, 2024: Nassau + Castaway Cay

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from FamilyAtSea.travel! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

FamilyAtSea.travel was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Greetings DCL fans and loyalists! 

We board the Wish in just over a week so I'm getting this thread started for any of you who may be interested in following along! 

My Live threads tend to be pretty indepth and detailed with lots of pictures of our journey as you follow along. 

We're a family who typically cruise with our elementary aged kids so I typically cover a bit more of the fun on the ships. 

We're not loyal to any of the cruise lines, instead choosing to experience all of them to give balanced perspectives to our travels. (take a look at my signature below to see the variety of upcoming cruise lines we'll be sailing on).

I look forward to "meeting" some of you that love Disney during this Live thread!

---

Some of my Past Live Threads: 

- Norwegian Encore (Alaskan itinerary)

- Celebrity Equinox - Retreat (Western Mediterranean)

- MSC Seashore - Yacht Club (Western Caribbean)

- MSC Seascape - Yacht Club (Western Caribbean)

---

Our Family at Sea!

Screenshot_20240902_162714_Photos.thumb.jpg.e34956e59b4d991ac1637a307b3c1371.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Welp - not a lot of action here on the Disney boards. I hope you stir things up, good sir!! 

Yeah, it actually made me realize it's probably not worth doing a Live for a Disney cruise here. 

I looked at a different popular forum for Disney cruises but it doesn't seem like they do live reviews over there 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Yeah, it actually made me realize it's probably not worth doing a Live for a Disney cruise here. 

I looked at a different popular forum for Disney cruises but it doesn't seem like they do live reviews over there 🤷‍♂️

Oh well! You can also do a comparison between NCL and Disney on the NCL boards. Or, I suppose just enjoy your vacation haha

Just now, cruiseny4life said:

Oh well! You can also do a comparison between NCL and Disney on the NCL boards. Or, I suppose just enjoy your vacation haha

I appreciate the idea, thanks for that!

I know Disney people are a different type of cruiser than other lines so I suppose they're just not as into Live reviews and CC!

I may still do one, I'll see how things go on the cruise 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

I appreciate the idea, thanks for that!

I know Disney people are a different type of cruiser than other lines so I suppose they're just not as into Live reviews and CC!

I may still do one, I'll see how things go on the cruise 🙂

Maybe we should compare notes between NCL and Disney😜.

• Like 1

From what I understand, a lot of people are on fake book.... and after Zuckerberg just admitted, he deceived the people of the world. It's not a good thing....... and that's not a political statement. That's a fact it was a new news whether I agree with it or disagree with it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, STLCARDS82 said:

From what I understand, a lot of people are on fake book.... and after Zuckerberg just admitted, he deceived the people of the world. It's not a good thing....... and that's not a political statement. That's a fact it was a new news whether I agree with it or disagree with it doesn't matter.

There are many on there for sure but they don't do Live reviews there... It's more people asking questions and complaining 😜

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am looking forward to your comparison. Also your Treasure review in March. I am looking to pull the trigger on our annual Family adventure for August 202. Was very close to Treasure but the price keeps stopping me! Haven’t been on Disney since 2003!

On another Disney cruise board there is someone that is going to compare Utopia to Wish. I almost pointed them to your postings to get some current info!

Enjoy following your adventures, here and on YT. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

29 minutes ago, carohs said:

It's harder to do a live when you've got littles. I hope on this board every once in a while but it's mostly quiet. I'll be following along tho whenever you get a chance to update.

I'm on the ship now but I realized before the cruise the Disney section of CC is dead so obviously I haven't!

Maybe I'll add some more abbreviated notes vs what I typically do. 

The harder part than having my kids with us is trying to find time on a 3-day sailing when there's so much to see and so little time to see it! 

7-day sailings are much more relaxed... Kinda regretting doing a 4-day + 3-day cruise vs a single 7-day... Live and learn!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1