Rome (Civitavecchia) check in question

LUTim

Hi all

Sailing out of Civitavecchia on the 30th of this month (september 2024). Departure time is listed as 5;00pm.

Does anyone know what time check in will open? and if there is a priority check line.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies 

Check in will open some time around 10am, and boarding likely at around 11.30am. When you online check in 21 days out you will see the available arrival times. If you do this some after it opens (midnight eastern time) then you will be able to see what time the earliest one is.

Civitavecchia has all the usual lines (haven, latitudes, CAS etc. exactly how that works for you will depend on what priority you have.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Check in will open some time around 10am, and boarding likely at around 11.30am. When you online check in 21 days out you will see the available arrival times. If you do this some after it opens (midnight eastern time) then you will be able to see what time the earliest one is.

Civitavecchia has all the usual lines (haven, latitudes, CAS etc. exactly how that works for you will depend on what priority you have.

Thanks Kieth, we have prioity boarding and need to sort some bookings out. So we are looking to board early to give us the best chance.

1 hour ago, LUTim said:

Thanks Kieth, we have prioity boarding and need to sort some bookings out. So we are looking to board early to give us the best chance.

Is this the priority which you can purchase in advance? It isn’t something that I’ve ever looked out for, but I’d be surprised if Civitavecchia deals with it any different than elsewhere.

17 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Is this the priority which you can purchase in advance? It isn’t something that I’ve ever looked out for, but I’d be surprised if Civitavecchia deals with it any different than elsewhere.

No Keith, I should have made that clear it's part of the Platinum benifits.

Check in policies and procedures are determined by the cruise line involved. Without knowing what cruise line this is, hard to answer the questions. Generally,  those procedures are the same everywhere that cruise line embarks passengers. 

1 hour ago, LUTim said:

No Keith, I should have made that clear it's part of the Platinum benifits.

Last time we sailed from Rome (A year ago) there was all the latitudes benefits you would expect (check in lines, seating area for platinum and above and priority boarding).