Sapphire Princess for 2 year old

Mbcruiser704

3 minutes ago, Mbcruiser704 said:

Is there much to do on Sapphire Princess for a 2 year old?  I see the kids' club is open from age 3.  We aren't really interested in dropping him off, we can stay with him.

Really nothing to do for them at that age on Sapphire. 

You can't stay with him at the kids club either, adults aren't allowed in. 

You'll get lots of smiles from crew members, as they love seeing little toddlers.  

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We took Granddaughter on a 7 day warm weather cruise , not easy one of us seemed to be constantly chasing her around as she was a busy Toddler , we were lucky as few kids on cruise and Kids Club let us in if one of us stayed with her . 

• Like 1

We cruised with our kids and grandkids starting very early on.  The youngest was 7 months.  It could be challenging but so very worth it.  We had talks before the cruise regarding manners, dress and such.  They all loved it and talk about it today.  The crew was wonderful.  Our 7-month old granddaughter has always been a happy girl and would willingly smile and interact with crew and passengers.  

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mbcruiser704 said:

Is there much to do on Sapphire Princess for a 2 year old?  I see the kids' club is open from age 3.  We aren't really interested in dropping him off, we can stay with him.

You might go over to the cruise critic  Special Interest heading-family section. Might be more information there for you. Especially about kids club & staying in “ play” room with him.

Also , if you’ve never cruised with him, probably a wealth of information of what you need on a cruise and what you don’t need to bring.

Kids Cruise Activities — Ages 6 Months - 2 Years

Making our youngest voyagers feel right at home

Princess welcomes babies, toddlers and preschoolers to the world of cruising with services and amenities that make life easier for their families as well. These young guests are welcome in Camp Discovery when accompanied by a parent. Mini-Suites and Full Suites offer full-sized bath tubs, and wash bins for showers are available. Staterooms with balconies are perfect for naptime. You can request high chairs, booster seats and cribs. We also provide complimentary jarred baby food. And fresh, pureed foods (fruits, veggies and rice) are available in the main dining room, specialty restaurants, and Horizon Court or World Fresh Marketplace.

A little girl sits at a table coloring

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 2

As someone who actually sailed Princess with 2 year olds (twins), yes, there is plenty to do (my profile pic is my 13 month olds on their first Princess cruise and we loved it so much, we kept going back).  Head on over to the family board where people aren't so cranky about young kids.

Princess is unique in that under-3s are allowed in the kids play area as long as one parent is with them.  My girls LOVED this - lots of fun things to play with.  But even without the play area, and without the pool (as you probably know, must be potty trained for the pools - no swim diapers), my girls always had a great time.  The crew treats young kids like royalty (many of them are missing their own).  We brought a little blow up duck tub that we'd put in an uncrowded area on deck and have a little splash play (the small tub also then works as a bath tub in the cabin shower).  We'd go dancing on deck or in one of the lounges, we'd bring a blow up ball and play in an empty lounge, throw in meals and naps and the days fly by.   Happy to answer any questions.  

Edited by Kerry's Girls
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

You can't stay with him at the kids club either, adults aren't allowed in. 

This is true on most cruise lines.  However, both Princess and Cunard allow younger children to attend the kids club under parental supervision.  My son was 2 when we took him to the Panama Canal on the Coral princess.  One of us had to stay in the kids club to supervise him.  There were only 8 children on board (we sailed during the school year) so the kids club staff had a lot of time to  play with him, and even helped him do the arts and crafts like the bigger kids.  I could sit in the corner and read a book the whole time.   If you are on a sailing during the school year with lots of children, the kids club staff will not have much time for your kids and you will need to keep your child happy.  They will get to play with all of the toys/play structures in the kids zone so it's a lot better than nothing, but a very different experience than being able to drop off.  However, it needs to be noted that drop off cruise daycare at 2 or 3 is hit or miss for many children.  Some kids at these age easily separate and greatly enjoy the kid zone, but others do not want to be apart from their parents, and the parents find themselves having a very different vacation than the one they envisioned because their children refuse to attend the kids club.

Please note that Carnival and Cunard accept children at the age of 2 for drop off care, and all Disney and some RC ships have fee based nurseries for 2 year olds.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

This is true on most cruise lines.  However, both Princess and Cunard allow younger children to attend the kids club under parental supervision.  My son was 2 when we took him to the Panama Canal on the Coral princess.  One of us had to stay in the kids club to supervise him.  There were only 8 children on board (we sailed during the school year) so the kids club staff had a lot of time to  play with him, and even helped him do the arts and crafts like the bigger kids.  I could sit in the corner and read a book the whole time.   If you are on a sailing during the school year with lots of children, the kids club staff will not have much time for your kids and you will need to keep your child happy.  They will get to play with all of the toys/play structures in the kids zone so it's a lot better than nothing, but a very different experience than being able to drop off.  However, it needs to be noted that drop off cruise daycare at 2 or 3 is hit or miss for many children.  Some kids at these age easily separate and greatly enjoy the kid zone, but others do not want to be apart from their parents, and the parents find themselves having a very different vacation than the one they envisioned because their children refuse to attend the kids club.

Please note that Carnival and Cunard accept children at the age of 2 for drop off care, and all Disney and some RC ships have fee based nurseries for 2 year olds.  

Yes, younger family nurseries the adults must stay. However, kids clubs, adults are now allowed in there for liability reasons. 

3 hours ago, Mbcruiser704 said:

I forget what a 2 year old does when he/she is not sailing.  I vaguely recall that they required a lot of attention. I didn’t take any of my kids on a ship until they were old enough to appreciate it. As a result, we all had more fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Yes, younger family nurseries the adults must stay. However, kids clubs, adults are now allowed in there for liability reasons. 

I sailed on the Enchanted Princess in August.  They were still allowing children under 3 with parental supervision in my daughter's room (she is 5, so she was in the younger room).

• Like 1

This is straight from princess.com …..

so those of you that are saying that adults cannot come in …..

here is the answer

Can adults visit the youth centers?

We’re happy for parents and others to join in the fun. In fact, we offer an open house event on embarkation day for loved ones to take a peek at all the fun. For the safety and security of our young guests, we only allow adults in our centers who have children participating in the program. If the center is full, we may ask parents to come back at another time.

So if op wants to take their 2 year old it’s okay.They just have to be present,no drop offs as that is reserved for 3years+.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2024 at 11:39 AM, BamaVol said:

. I didn’t take any of my kids on a ship until they were old enough to appreciate it. As a result, we all had more fun.

I started taking my twins at 13 months old.  I didn't care if they were old enough to appreciate it -  someone else was doing all my cooking and cleaning, bringing me room service in the morning, taking us to new places to explore/play each day while we slept, my kids were treated like royalty by the staff.   As a result, we all had more fun.  For me, there's no better vacation with little ones.  

• Like 3