Majestic Fall 2026 Itineraries to include the Northern Lights Search Cancelled - Wonder what will replacement them?

We got this cancellation notice of our 28-day Search for the Northern Lights and Transatlantic B2B from Princess last night. Our daughter and her spouse, who were joining us on the first leg, also got their notice. Unfortunately, their notice didn't mention the part of being "automatically transferred to a voyage with a similar itinerary".

VOYAGE CANCELLATION - OCTOBER 11, 2026 - MAJESTIC PRINCESS We regret to inform you that your 28-day Northern Lights Grand Adventure voyage on Majestic Princess has been cancelled due to deployment changes. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment this cancellation causes. We are pleased to inform you that your booking will be automatically transferred to a voyage with a similar itinerary. For further details, please contact your travel advisor. A full itinerary and booking confirmation will be emailed to your travel advisor by the end of this month. Thank you for your attention to this notification.

When I searched this morning for Fall 2026 Majestic itineraries, this is the only one that came up. All of the ones from Sep 19 on have disappeared. 

image.png.d22def28a393f4510c2444ddbffece1a.png

We're guessing from over here in the peanut gallery that it might have something to do with Norway's plan to enforce strict zero-emissions rules on cruise ships, which was initially thought to apply to all vessels, including cruise ships, starting in 2026. It was only just recently changed to 2032 for the larger cruise ships.

Norway Sets Phased-in Dates for Zero Emission Shipping in Fjords (maritime-executive.com)

Hopefully by the end of September, the new Majestic Princess itineraries will be available, with our first leg to include a Search for the Northern Lights itinerary above the Arctic Circle. 🤞

• Like 1

Man, that's a bummer.  We're booked on the Oct 11 as well (though we were just doing 14 days).  I actually got my brother and family to book too - it would have been their first cruise.  Guess we'll see what they replace it with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jenf22 said:

Man, that's a bummer.  We're booked on the Oct 11 as well (though we were just doing 14 days).  I actually got my brother and family to book too - it would have been their first cruise.  Guess we'll see what they replace it with.

I'm guessing you got the official cancellation email too, but with no automatic transfer included?

Just now, Ken the cruiser said:

I'm guessing you got the official cancellation email too, but with no automatic transfer included?

We did and ours was just cancelled.  I'll keep a look out for when they release new itineraries.

• Like 1

I was on the Southampton round trip portion of the trip (September 22 - October 4), which was also canceled.  No option given; just the cancellation.  Bummer, but fortunately I hadn’t made any other investments like airfare or hotel.  So, no financial loss.  

1 hour ago, kstrittm said:

I was on the Southampton round trip portion of the trip (September 22 - October 4), which was also canceled.  No option given; just the cancellation.  Bummer, but fortunately I hadn’t made any other investments like airfare or hotel.  So, no financial loss.  

We're on the cruise right before that, haven't gotten any notices so I hope it's not changed.  I guess if there are changes it's good to find out this far in advance 🙂 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We got this cancellation notice of our 28-day Search for the Northern Lights and Transatlantic B2B from Princess last night. Our daughter and her spouse, who were joining us on the first leg, also got their notice. Unfortunately, their notice didn't mention the part of being "automatically transferred to a voyage with a similar itinerary".

VOYAGE CANCELLATION - OCTOBER 11, 2026 - MAJESTIC PRINCESS We regret to inform you that your 28-day Northern Lights Grand Adventure voyage on Majestic Princess has been cancelled due to deployment changes. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment this cancellation causes. We are pleased to inform you that your booking will be automatically transferred to a voyage with a similar itinerary. For further details, please contact your travel advisor. A full itinerary and booking confirmation will be emailed to your travel advisor by the end of this month. Thank you for your attention to this notification.

When I searched this morning for Fall 2026 Majestic itineraries, this is the only one that came up. All of the ones from Sep 19 on have disappeared. 

image.png.d22def28a393f4510c2444ddbffece1a.png

We're guessing from over here in the peanut gallery that it might have something to do with Norway's plan to enforce strict zero-emissions rules on cruise ships, which was initially thought to apply to all vessels, including cruise ships, starting in 2026. It was only just recently changed to 2032 for the larger cruise ships.

Norway Sets Phased-in Dates for Zero Emission Shipping in Fjords (maritime-executive.com)

Hopefully by the end of September, the new Majestic Princess itineraries will be available, with our first leg to include a Search for the Northern Lights itinerary above the Arctic Circle. 🤞

My understanding is that Norway has pushed back those rules until 2032 so i do not think that is the reason.

Edited by TRLD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We're on the cruise right before that, haven't gotten any notices so I hope it's not changed.  I guess if there are changes it's good to find out this far in advance 🙂 

So you're on the Sep 30 Octoberfest cruise and haven't heard anything from Princess yet?

7 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

So you're on the Sep 30 Octoberfest cruise and haven't heard anything from Princess yet?

No, we're on the 9/7 cruise which is prior to the person I was quoting who said their 9/22 was cancelled.

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Thanks 1

I did some checking and the last Majestic cruise (as of today) ends on Sep 19th in Southampton. However, there are two 11-day Octoberfest cruises that leave on Sep 19 and Sep 30, respectively, out of Southampton along with the 14-day (now defunct) NL cruise and the 14-day TA from Southampton to Ft Lauderdale.

Did the Octoberfest passengers also get the boot along with the NL passengers that were on the first leg of our 28-day B2B? From what @kstrittm said, who is on the first leg of the Octoberfest cruise, they have.

There are also only 4 other ships in the area. Three are cruising the Med in Oct 2026 (Enchanted, Sky and Sun), with only the Sapphire without any itineraries in either Sep or Oct but will be cruising in Norway in August.

If the above 26-day Fire & Ice British Isles Grand Adventure cruise mentioned by @Jilliebean28 on the 2026 NL/TA RC departs 9/7/26, it would end "somewhere" on Oct 3rd, just a little over a week before our originally scheduled 28-day NL/TA cruise.

What are the chances of this 26-day "Fire & Ice British Isles Grand Adventure" (maybe RT Southampton) leaving on Sep 7 being made available to those "booted" folks from those first 3 cruises (Sep 19,30 and Oct 11) and a follow-on "Fire & Ice British Isles Grand Adventure/TA" back to Ft Lauderdale designed for the folks on the now defunct 28-day NL/TA, which would leave Southampton on Oct 3rd? 

In our case as we are also booked on the Solar Eclipse cruise that ends in Southampton on Aug 26, we would have to pass as we would have no desire to fly back home for a little over a week and then fly back to get on the Sep 7th cruise. 

BTW anyone know what happened to the Majestic, especially if the Norway restrictions as @TRLD suggested didn't play a major role in this change in itineraries?

This is getting fun! But then I'm a cruiseaholic between cruises! 😂

Edited by Ken the cruiser

17 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

There are also only 4 other ships in the area. Three are cruising the Med in Oct 2026 (Enchanted, Sky and Sun), with only the Sapphire without any itineraries in either Sep or Oct but will be cruising in Norway in August.

The Sapphire leaves Copenhagen for a 15 day transatlantic to Boston on August 19, 2026. It will be probably doing the NE and Canada cruises in the fall 2026 when Princess releases those itineraries. 

1 hour ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

The Sapphire leaves Copenhagen for a 15 day transatlantic to Boston on August 19, 2026. It will be probably doing the NE and Canada cruises in the fall 2026 when Princess releases those itineraries. 

Thanks. I didn't see that itinerary when I looked yesterday. That now potentially eliminates the Sapphire, which makes what happens to the Majestic's Sep 7-19 "12-Day British Isles with France & Belfast" cruise even more mysterious.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks. I didn't see that itinerary when I looked yesterday. That now potentially eliminates the Sapphire, which makes what happens to the Majestic's Sep 7-19 "12-Day British Isles with France & Belfast" cruise even more mysterious.

On second thought, if the Sep 7-19 "British Isles with France & Belfast" itinerary is still a go, logic would have it that Princess will simply add a 15-day itinerary to the end of it, and combined call it the "Fire & Ice British Isles Grand Adventure." I also just checked and there are plenty of cabins in all categories on the "12-Day British Isles with France & Belfast" cruise to "transfer" the 28-day NL/TA passengers into.

That just leaves the question of what happens after the Majestic docks at some port on Oct 3?  

Just to cover our bases, we just booked an aft-facing cabin on a HAL 27-day "Northern Lights Cultural Crossing Collector's Voyage" leaving Oct 4, 2026 from Rotterdam to Ft Lauderdale on the Rotterdam, which includes Club Orange, the Mariner Society Early Booking Bonus, and the HIA Early Booking bonus, all for $310 pp/day! So Princess, you'd better come up with something super special to get us to give this cruise for your "similar itinerary". 😉

image.png.435e7b9bc6b1b38e1ab4d8aa601a663e.png

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

On second thought, if the Sep 7-19 "British Isles with France & Belfast" itinerary is still a go, logic would have it that Princess will simply add a 15-day itinerary to the end of it, and combined call it the "Fire & Ice British Isles Grand Adventure." I also just checked and there are plenty of cabins in all categories on the "12-Day British Isles with France & Belfast" cruise to "transfer" the 28-day NL/TA passengers into.

That just leaves the question of what happens after the Majestic docks at some port on Oct 3?  

This "itinerary change" just got more interesting. The reference to our 28-day cruise changed today on my Medallion App, but the dates remained the same. Originally, the ports listed were Southampton to Ft Lauderdale. 🤔

image.png.eaa05680b6916386b8d219f2f63ca316.png