Looks like NCL isn't alone in its decline

13 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

You are most welcome. Yes, you might keep it close when you are tempted to ask people why they are holding shares while the stock is at record lows.

Which stock is at record lows?? Certainly not NCLH.

• Haha 1

Just now, Distinctive-Destinations said:

Presumably most people that are dumping a stock for the tax losses aren’t intending to resestablish the position in the near future.

....and your presumption would be wrong. Google "loss harvesting" and become educated.

36 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Happy to oblige. Your choice to educate yourself or hang out on the internet. Cheers!!

I see you chose to use "or" instead of "and" in this situation. Says a lot about the quality of the content in your posts.

47 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Look for yourself. 

Great retort. You can deflect and avoid admitting your own error. Clever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

Presumably most people that are dumping a stock for the tax losses aren’t intending to resestablish the position in the near future.

Yep.  That would be a really poor "strategy."  Whatever advantage you may gain from harvesting the tax losses may very well be eaten up if the stock recovers during that 30 day period.  Some would believe that the cruise stocks move somewhat in unison and immediately invest the proceeds of the NCLH sale into a similar, but not equivalent, stock but this would all be very silly for the amount of $$$ involved with 100 shares of NCLH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

So strange, you make an erroneous conclusion in the first sentence about people owning 100 shares

That's funny.  Are you suggesting that those on this forum who own 100 shares of NCLH are doing it for reasons other than the free OBC?  That's laughable. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That would be a really poor "strategy."  

Again, fair minded cruisecritic members are free to follow or not follow my strategies. They are free to criticize or not criticize it. My clients generally love the strategy and have been richly rewarded. Even if they dont love the strategy, they love me for thinking about them and have not described it as "poor". You please feel free to continue enjoying your $100 nonrefundable OBC and hold your NCLH stock and pretend you never heard of this strategy.

Edited by luv2kroooz

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Some would believe that the cruise stocks move somewhat in unison

Said no one ever....but oh, that would be great. If only NCLH could move in unison with RCL. Their stock would be pushing $45 not $16. I'd be sooper dooper happy!!!

Edited by luv2kroooz

9 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Again, fair minded cruisecritic members are free to follow or not follow my strategies. They are free to criticize or not criticize it. My clients generally love the strategy and have been richly rewarded. Even if they dont love the strategy, they love me for thinking about them and have not described it as "poor". You please feel free to continue enjoying your $100 nonrefundable OBC and hold your NCLH stock and pretend you never heard of this strategy.

You have clients???  LOL, this just keeps getting better and better.

Please tell us more.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Said no one ever....but oh, that would be great. If only NCLH could move in unison with RCL. Their stock would be pushing $45 not $16. I'd be sooper dooper happy!!!

What part of "some" confused you?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

Please tell us more.

Paid financial advisers make their money by convincing clients that they are smarter than everybody else and can beat the stock market.  Of course, the fallacy in this is that if any of them actually could on a consistent basis, they wouldn't be working anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

Please tell us more.

Sorry, I dont know you. disclosing confidential client data is a violation of my professional standards. Furthermore, it is my belief you are here to stir the proverbial pot. And with that, I'm out. Happy cruising to you mate!!

Edited by luv2kroooz
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Paid financial advisers make their money by convincing clients that they are smarter than everybody else and can beat the stock market.  Of course, the fallacy in this is that if any of them actually could on a consistent basis, they wouldn't be working anymore.

I see  Why are you telling me this? I am not a paid financial advisor.

28 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Furthermore, it is my belief you are here to stir the proverbial pot. 

Speaking of the pot...talk about what the pot called the kettle...

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/5/2024 at 3:32 PM, luv2kroooz said:

When is the stock price going up?

If NCL has a lot of debt, the stock price may rebound when interest rates come down. I have some CCL and it trades more like a bond than a stock.

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2024 at 5:03 PM, schmoopie17 said:

What exactly would I be looking for? 

This schmoopie! Nevermind, wasn't the same quote. It goes with the conversation, if you can follow it from page two or wherever. 

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/NCLH/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings/stock-price-history

8/29/16 - NCLH at $35 and change

1/26/18 - NCLH at $60 and change

Pretty good return, right there. It all depends on your perspective, I suppose.

Edited by cruiseny4life