bar setup

We are approx 7 weeks out from our upcoming RSS cruise. We are in a Concierge suite so no butler, so when is the optimum time to email our TA with drink choices for in suite drinking. Are are particular to both Gin and Tequila so can we ask for both, and are there only certain brands to choose from?

We are also partial to grapefruit soda mixers with both spirits but know these can be particularly hard to find - can we also request this?

Thanks in advancer x

An extensive list of what is available has been posted, I don't have the date on when I printed this, but should be current.  I usually call/email Regent at least 2 months prior to cruise with my 2 requests.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Do this now.  You can ask for a gin and tequila.  Mixers are funny depending on where your cruise is.   We requested diet fever tree tonic - no problem.  However,  I can’t seem to get club soda,  instead they leave something in a can, called soda water.  Not the same and I half to throw it out, because I only need half of it.   

Enjoy your trip.  

• Like 1

We were in Concierge in July.  Our steward visited shortly after we entered our suite, and asked what we'd like.  We asked for Hendricks Gin and Glenmorangie Whisky and had them delivered almost immediately.  

Edited by SellaVee
  • Like 2

We just tell our cabin steward what we want and it's delivered later in the day. However, on our last two cruises bottles of same spirits we had requested on prior cruises were waiting for us. That said, you can tell them to change whatever was delivered. We also tell our steward what mixes and/or sodas we want.

On 9/7/2024 at 3:51 PM, irishwitchy said:

However,  I can’t seem to get club soda,  instead they leave something in a can, called soda water

American versus English.

2 hours ago, MoBro713 said:

Yes, Fever Tree is the best.  Have you tried their cucumber tonic?  Outstanding.

And Fever Tree also makes an excellent grapefruit soda mixer. I don't know that Regent normally has it in stock, but if the OP requests it from Regent ahead of time it's likely that they'll get it. We've had weirder requests than that honored in the past.

• Thanks 1

we routinely ask for mixers (juices) and limes, as well as coffee cream.  They replenish even before you use it -sometimes too much!  Even will bring another bottle of the booze when you are about 1/2 empty.

On 9/14/2024 at 1:57 PM, MoBro713 said:

I know I can get Hendrick's Gin and tonic water in my cabin but how do I go about getting limes?  I'm down in steerage so no butler.

Thanks

I ask my cabin Steward on embarkation  for them and it is topped up daily (I ask for cucumber for the Hendricks - goes so well).

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 5:50 AM, stmarys123 said:

I ask my cabin Steward on embarkation  for them and it is topped up daily (I ask for cucumber for the Hendricks - goes so well).

We are about to embark on our first Regent cruise and requested Hendricks gin with Fever Tree tonic. Both of us prefer it with cucumber like you. It's good to know that's an easy request to make. 🍸

• Like 1

Oooo - can I please ask a related question. On our last cruise (our 1st with Regent) we had a Penthouse suite and could choose the spirits and mixers online prior to the cruise. Our next, same ship, same deck but Concierge, I don't see that option.  Is that because being able to indicate these preferences is for Penthouse and above? Or am I missing something?

12 minutes ago, talljules1 said:

Oooo - can I please ask a related question. On our last cruise (our 1st with Regent) we had a Penthouse suite and could choose the spirits and mixers online prior to the cruise. Our next, same ship, same deck but Concierge, I don't see that option.  Is that because being able to indicate these preferences is for Penthouse and above? Or am I missing something?

You’re exactly right.  A benefit of penthouse or above. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bruce61 said:

You’re exactly right.  A benefit of penthouse or above. 

Aha - thank you. I am sure we will have no issues in sorting it on embarkation day. We can go with the flow.  TBH we'll likely be in the Connoisseur lounge sipping Voyager plus cocktails (Voyager, but in a tall glass over ice, topped up with ginger ale - stellar!)

3 hours ago, talljules1 said:

Aha - thank you. I am sure we will have no issues in sorting it on embarkation day. We can go with the flow.  TBH we'll likely be in the Connoisseur lounge sipping Voyager plus cocktails (Voyager, but in a tall glass over ice, topped up with ginger ale - stellar!)

Tell your TA, what you would like and most likely it will be there on day 1.  If it isn’t they will resolve it.  You won’t be thirsty! 

On 9/9/2024 at 10:57 AM, forevertravel said:

We just tell our cabin steward what we want and it's delivered later in the day. However, on our last two cruises bottles of same spirits we had requested on prior cruises were waiting for us. That said, you can tell them to change whatever was delivered. We also tell our steward what mixes and/or sodas we want.

Does this go for bottled water, too? Like San Pellegrino? Can you request in advance?

24 minutes ago, Mahogany said:

Does this go for bottled water, too? Like San Pellegrino? Can you request in advance?

Here's an indirect answer to your question:  I griped in the mid-cruise eval about the Regent "green" water policy with those refillable bottles both in the cabins and at the restaurants.  I may be in the minority, but I just don't like it.  As an unintended consequence, the "trickle down" ended up as blame of our cabin attendant, who was innocent and provided superior service.

I went to see the General Manager to clear this up.  He did provide a personal apology to our cabin attendant.

The result:  They started providing us with MANY bottles of Perrier.  This was a by-product of my gripe, but there is no question in my mind that you can get Pellegrino/Perrier if you so desire.  On one voyage, I got a bottle of Campari and got Perrier (screw bottle) instead of wasting cans of club soda.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kane said:

The result:  They started providing us with MANY bottles of Perrier.  This was a by-product of my gripe, but there is no question in my mind that you can get Pellegrino/Perrier if you so desire.  On one voyage, I got a bottle of Campari and got Perrier (screw bottle) instead of wasting cans of club soda.

I will keep this in mind, I only like the water if it has lots of ice cubes in it.  I also have wasted lots of club soda because of the silly cans.  I will have to try the pellegrino with my spritz next cruise.  

• Like 1