Oceania cruise prices

skiinglaketahoe

1 hour ago, sailing oldie said:

We've just negotiated 2 price reductions on our 2025 cruise, before final payment. Each time, the Oceania agent had to cancel and rebook on a new reference number.

It’s different in the US. Our booking number is always the same after the price reduction. And we never been charged the cancellation fee.

2 hours ago, sailing oldie said:

We've just negotiated 2 price reductions on our 2025 cruise, before final payment. Each time, the Oceania agent had to cancel and rebook on a new reference number.

Were you given a reason why this "newish" procedure is in place?  The only benefit we saw for O was that with a new booking #, the "guaranteed lowest price" would no longer apply since it is no longer technically an onboard booking. And the final payment was moved up which may trigger some other constraints.  And we took the $100pp hit on shorex allowance.

But none of that makes sense unless either they plan to limit us to one lowering of price or if they intend to lower the price again and we would no longer qualify for onboard booking lowest price guarantee. 

Edited by willidc
punctuation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, willidc said:

Were you given a reason why this "newish" procedure is in place?  The only benefit we saw for O was that with a new booking #, the "guaranteed lowest price" would no longer apply since it is no longer technically an onboard booking. And the final payment was moved up which may trigger some other constraints.  And we took the $100pp hit on shorex allowance.

But none of that makes sense unless either they plan to limit us to one lowering of price or if they intend to lower the price again and we would no longer qualify for onboard booking lowest price guarantee. 

No, I had seen on here that some people had been able to reprice their cruise during sales, so I thought I would ask. It wasn't an onboard booking, I booked it direct with O online.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Yes, we didn't book on board. 

When we cancelled and rebooked we could have had the same cabin and a price reduction. We chose to get a better cabin.

I am going to go back to both my TA and to Oceania directly to see if I can get any further credits.

Thanks for that suggestion.

Susan

On 9/8/2024 at 5:52 PM, Fleuve51 said:

With simply more being taken away next month, not sure what perks there will be?

I'm looking at booking the Allura in 2025.  Seen speculation on this board that all perks (bev./excursions/wifi) will be removed, nothing replacing them but charging the same price...after Oct. 1st booking.  If that's the case I'll book before that date.  If there will be replacement to simply more or back to Olife it might be best to wait.  Do you or anyone have any insight into what's happening on 10/1?

3 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I'm looking at booking the Allura in 2025.  Seen speculation on this board that all perks (bev./excursions/wifi) will be removed, nothing replacing them but charging the same price...after Oct. 1st booking.  If that's the case I'll book before that date.  If there will be replacement to simply more or back to Olife it might be best to wait.  Do you or anyone have any insight into what's happening on 10/1?

No speculation, it has been announced. For bookings 10/1 or later there will be no included beverage package or excursion credits included. Instead you will received gratuities and still maintain the two WiFi.  So if you like SM, book now. 

7 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

No speculation, it has been announced. For bookings 10/1 or later there will be no included beverage package or excursion credits included. Instead you will received gratuities and still maintain the two WiFi.  So if you like SM, book now. 

Thanks...never sailed O before, just new to O's board, and trying to understand the O 'system'...so looks like no price reduction for loss of some perks.  Have to consider loss of bev. pkg. although we only have wine at dinner/lunch and maybe a cocktail during the afternoon; although if they exclude morning juices and sodas, coffee/tea that could increase the intake...😉.  Excursions mainly not taken...sailed many times with Celebrity and have enjoyed the Caribbean ports toooo many times.  Great advice, thanks again.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1

although if they exclude morning juices and sodas, coffee/tea that could increase the intake.

All non-alcoholic beverages are still included as are the specialty restaurants.  It's only the basic beer and wine at meals package and excursion credits that are being eliminated.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

Thanks...never sailed O before, just new to O's board, and trying to understand the O 'system'...so looks like no price reduction for loss of some perks.  Have to consider loss of bev. pkg. although we only have wine at dinner/lunch and maybe a cocktail during the afternoon; although if they exclude morning juices and sodas, coffee/tea that could increase the intake...😉.  Excursions mainly not taken...sailed many times with Celebrity and have enjoyed the Caribbean ports toooo many times.  Great advice, thanks again.

No excluding of juices, coffees or sodas.  Still included. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We are looking at Oceania Vista for 2 back to back (32 days total) in Feb 2026.  Trying to calculate the simply more vs having gratuities included.  We will save $1472 on suite gratuities.  My hubby doesn't drink so the wine and champagne is lost on him.  The shore excursion credits will be a wash with the gratuity savings.  We tend to book our own excursions anyhow as the cruise lines have a massive markup.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I’d suggest booking now. Most likely you’ll be able to rebook it new program/price is better for you later.

• Thanks 1