Refund Timeline

kes601

32 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I upgraded to the new Premier package from Plus.  All of the original Plus items are listed on my Summary (including Crew Appreciation) and then below that it lists the “Upgrade” items.  We have a total of 30 items listed in “Special Services” for the two of us (our CVP gave us “Cruise Night Coupon Books”, so that accounts for two items on the list, 12 items on the list are for the original Plus package and the remaining 16 items on the list are for the Premier Upgrade).

The items you have listed above match what is on our Special Services list, but you are missing the original 12 Plus items.

Yep.....and that accounts for the $700 credit since plus was $700 when we purchased our original package.  Just wish somebody from Princess would / could comprehend what I tell them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kes601 said:

Yep.....and that accounts for the $700 credit since plus was $700 when we purchased our original package.  Just wish somebody from Princess would / could comprehend what I tell them.

I would contact customer relations using the email address @dog provided.  List your name, booking #, ship, sail date, contact information and briefly explain the issue and that you believe an error has occurred which you don’t want to adversely impact your vacation.  I got an email response and a call back within a couple of days for an issue I had in 2023.

• Thanks 1

We upgraded to the new premier the first Friday it was available.  Our CVP was very meticulous in making the upgrade.  She was aware that it might not go through properly because not all of the codes for all of the ships had been “built” yet.  This upgrade went live before anyone at Princess was ready for it.  I doubt most of the customer service reps knew what they were supposed to do.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I would contact customer relations using the email address @dog provided.  List your name, booking #, ship, sail date, contact information and briefly explain the issue and that you believe an error has occurred which you don’t want to adversely impact your vacation.  I got an email response and a call back within a couple of days for an issue I had in 2023.

I emailed last night.  Plan on giving it the week and then making a decision.  My CVP never responds so we did it via chat.  That was a mistake.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kes601 said:

I emailed last night.  Plan on giving it the week and then making a decision.  My CVP never responds so we did it via chat.  That was a mistake.

I’ve never had success with chat.  Some people on this forum swear by it, but I’m not one of them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dog said:

Good luck! Come back and let us know.  Royal and Alaska are one of our fav cruises.

Will do.  Timeline wise the only other 2 that work for us other than Princess are Holland and Norwegian.  

I appreciate all of the responses I received.

• Like 2

Still waiting for a response back from the email address I sent the information to.

If I haven't heard back by next week I am contemplating asking what our total would go to if we just dropped Premier (cancelling our dining reservations first) and then a few days later add Premier back.

• Like 2

Some more numbers to support what was discussed earlier in this thread.

• Total of room + plus + old premier upgrade = $7602
  • Total now that everything is weird with the new premier = $6902 ($700 difference, price of our original plus).
  • Total if we remove Premier = $6482.  This is $420 less than our current $6902 total, which is what the upgrade price should have been for the two premier purchase ($280 for "old" and $140 for "new".
  • If we cancel Premier and get to the $6482 total and then add new Premier back it would be $7742.  This is the number we originally expected when upgrading from old to new ($7602+$140).

I have no idea how Princess did what they did and why nobody will take 5 minutes to figure it out.  But, now I am wondering if it is worth it to upgrade back to Premier and whether Princess is worth it in general.

7 minutes ago, kes601 said:

Some more numbers to support what was discussed earlier in this thread.

• Total of room + plus + old premier upgrade = $7602
  • Total now that everything is weird with the new premier = $6902 ($700 difference, price of our original plus).
  • Total if we remove Premier = $6482.  This is $420 less than our current $6902 total, which is what the upgrade price should have been for the two premier purchase ($280 for "old" and $140 for "new".
  • If we cancel Premier and get to the $6482 total and then add new Premier back it would be $7742.  This is the number we originally expected when upgrading from old to new ($7602+$140).

I have no idea how Princess did what they did and why nobody will take 5 minutes to figure it out.  But, now I am wondering if it is worth it to upgrade back to Premier and whether Princess is worth it in general.

You know, I would just let it go.  Many times my local TA would refare and get me a lower rate then I expected.

if you want to go then take the credit but be prepared to have them figure it out on their own.  Keep a look at your payment tab in the personalizer so you don’t miss a payment date if a balance shows up.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2024 at 11:08 AM, dog said:

You know, I would just let it go.  Many times my local TA would refare and get me a lower rate then I expected.

if you want to go then take the credit but be prepared to have them figure it out on their own.  Keep a look at your payment tab in the personalizer so you don’t miss a payment date if a balance shows up.

Ya, after one more attempt last night via chat to get this corrected I am probably done unless I hear back from the email address I sent my information to.  Well, that and pushing to get the $700 credit back to my card.

I really thought the guy last night understood the issue and was going to get it fixed.  He said he "refreshed" my Special Services on the Travel Summary.  It did cause the free medallion accessory to show up and also something about crew appreciation, however now it says: "DND - Reverse Crew Appreciation Reduction".  I have no clue what that means.  I don't want the crew to get screwed out of their tip.

Check your payment tab and junk email.   If you owe it will say insufficient payment.  ( but you over paid)

look at packages in the app.  It should list what you have upgraded to.

Ok, so I guess I am now done trying to "fix" this.  I got a call form Princess this evening.  It was from Guest Services.  They said everything is correct and we got the $700 refund because it wasn't applied correctly the first time. 

They even threw in a free balcony deluxe breakfast for all of the issues.  I assume we can schedule that when we get on the ship?

• Like 1