Can you reserve and eat at the same time every night on MSC IN the main dining room(early seating)

momrph57

We are seasoned cruisers on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean 

and always eat at the early seating at  530 pm sitting in main ding room 

reserving the early dining at booking

Does Msc let you pick early seating dining for entire cruise or you have to reserve each nite?

We are cruising  first time ( and maybe last, see all the bad reviews) on MSc Meraveglia in Jan 2025 from Brooklyn New York  ona 12 day Caribbean cruise and

can’t seem to get a straight answer and our booking says main dining 530 to 730pm

what does this mean?

we can’t eat late due to medical reasons

can anyone please advise?

thanks and much appreciated 

Rphmom57

If you booked Bella or Fantastica experience you will be signed a table and time in one of the MDRs.  With Fantastica you can state preference for early or late.  I haven’t sailed Meraviglia but on the Sea*** class ships there are three seatings.  The early may be 5:30 or 7:30, with the late being 9:30.  You will not know your assignment until you board and get your cruise card.  Time, restaurant table # will be on the card.  There will be a place after boarding to go and request a change.  If you book Aurea experience, you have My Choice/Anytime dining in a different MDR.  EM

• Like 1

If you need to eat at a specific time due to medical reasons, fill out the special needs from that should be available in the manage your booking section.  Once you get your key card, if the time on it isn't okay, you can go to the restaurant listed in the daily sheet (I think it was between 1 pm and 4 pm) to ask staff to change it.  MSC assigns dining to those in Bella or Fantastica the traditional way with same time and table for the whole cruise.  If you are in Aurea, you have anytime dining in the same restaurant each night.  You can probably make a reservation for the whole cruise at the same time in Aurea. 

With regards to the "bad reviews," I would hope you don't spoil your cruise before it even starts because of some negative reviews.  People tend to share more negative opinions than positive opinions.  Also, reviews here are not necessarily an accurate representation since the number of cruise critic members are such a small proportion in the total amount of people cruising.

So, MSC only offers "anytime" dining to Aurea and Yacht Club guests. If you are booked with the Bella or Fantastica experience, you will be assigned a dining time/table/room. You should have been able to select early or late as your preference at the time of your booking, though there are no guarantees you will get your preferred seating. As @gizfish said, you should definitely fill out the special needs form if you NEED an early dinner seating for medical reasons.

Special Diets

Guests are required to submit a special needs form to specialneeds@msccruisesusa.com 30 days before sailing.

I've sailed MSC many times & enjoy it.

Just go to the Maitre'd in your dining room & make you request NICELY - they really do try to accommodate everyone..

I sailed Mera on a 13 day cruise - first time on a mega ship.  When I arrived at the NYC pier I looked up & thought  - " I don't think I'm going to like this"  I was won over in the end.   The biggest problem for me were the # of passengers that thought they were on a RITZ CARLTON hotel & should be treated that way.  I never had a problem w service anywhere( I had a midship balcony cabin). I could always find good food to eat & there were plenty of entertainment choices for all ages.

Thats a great cruise you picked out of NYC - I hoped to do it & the following 10 day cruise but will be in Europe then.

enjoy it!

22 hours ago, NowVoyager2 said:

I've sailed MSC many times & enjoy it.

Just go to the Maitre'd in your dining room & make you request NICELY - they really do try to accommodate everyone..

My experience exactly. Head there first thing when you board and they'll help you choose a table, time, whatever you need.