Opening Times for dining on QM2

RK-NC

Hopefully this will be helpful to someone. Note the gaps where food is not available. We are on day 18 of our voyage and we have often had to rush to the dining room for breakfast and lunch before it closed. Today, because of our tour in port, we really wanted to eat an early dinner around 5pm but it's not possible...not even in the buffet. We could have ordered room service but the menu is very limited. Also, prior room service meals have been poor quality and took quite a while to arrive. 

IMG_20240909_122845532.jpg

Have you tried the Carinthia Lounge ? Their Light menu items are nice, doesn't really help with dinner at 5 but can be helpful if you miss lunch or breakfast. 

Room service breakfast and brunch are available. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Have you tried the Carinthia Lounge ?

Yes, breakfast items there until 10am - yogurt, muesli, donuts, usually 2 breakfast sandwich options. I will post some photos soon. 

Carinthia lunch until 2:30pm - we have been there several times and it is always a flatbread, macaroni and cheese and dessert items. I will post photos of lunch later today. 

16 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Room service breakfast and brunch are available.

Room service breakfast must be ordered the night before, choosing a time to be served. This morning it arrived 20 minutes early and we were not quite awake and ready. 

We have not tried room service brunch - there are 4 items available: smoked salmon bagel, avocado toast, frittata, huevos rancheros.

1 hour ago, RK-NC said:

We have not tried room service brunch - there are 4 items available: smoked salmon bagel, avocado toast, frittata, huevos rancheros.

Love all these items and disappointed even in QG they cannot be ordered for breakfast as opposed to brunch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2024 at 10:18 AM, RK-NC said:

Decided to try the brunch menu today. This is huevos rancheros: IMG_20240920_094104112_HDR.thumb.jpg.48927438aa1a2d2fdf47b4b54b129b76.jpg 

This is the Mediterranean Breakfast Frittata:IMG_20240920_094018894.thumb.jpg.4511dc9209cf8b12045c482345f0ded3.jpg

We were sure the frittata was a mistake but they sent up another one that was the same. I've never seen a frittata that looked like that and neither has Google search. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/10/2024 at 5:18 AM, RK-NC said:

Room service breakfast must be ordered the night before, choosing a time to be served. 

I didn’t realize you had to order breakfast the night before.  I thought you could call up as long as you were within the window.

I have never seen a frittata look like that either!  😂

6 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I didn’t realize you had to order breakfast the night before.  I thought you could call up as long as you were within the window.

I have never seen a frittata look like that either!  😂

I don’t eat eggs and can hardly bear to look at them, but don’t both dishes look the same?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

I don’t eat eggs and can hardly bear to look at them, but don’t both dishes look the same?

They do! The next time I ordered I would tell them to send me up whatever they heck they want because they’re going to do it anyway. 😂

11 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

We have wondered if that is possible - it might be but here's what is printed on the RS menu: IMG_20240920_113830896.thumb.jpg.cbd8a489ebbc229f1e222d6c1c5e6c90.jpg

And here's the breakfast card:IMG_20240920_113913340.thumb.jpg.6721c57bbee01863db114d0688bab5b6.jpg

I hope someone will find this helpful. We are thankful to many on CC for information we gathered here before our voyage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

It's worth ringing to ask when you're ready. If it's not possible they'll tell you. 

That’s what I’d do^^.  I canceled breakfast early one morning, to be replaced with coffee, and they were quite pleasant about it.  I’d certainly give it a try!

• Like 1