Stockperks app and thoughts

BnDcruisers

54 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

I have a cruise departing January 4th, 2025. This will be tight.

I would try in November.  I was told to apply in November for my Feb 2025 cruises.  
I hope they will be consistent with their information given.

10 hours ago, BnDcruisers said:

Hello, 

Maybe it is time to flood the Princess Commercial Compliance Support Team email in box with everyone’s concerns, complaints or compliments with the Stockperks app? 

Was comfortable with old system, but after a few fat finger mistake registering, it has worked fine for me. Have used it on both Princess and HAL.

As others have mentioned there is a window each year that is approved. Not a major issue as when they decline the credit they explain that the cruise is outside this years window. Just have to wait for CCL board confirm the next years window then resubmit.

On a side note. As I am not fond of allowing access to my financial accounts I do the manual upload of a currant statement with non-relevant data blacked out. Giving them access is a little easier but not that much,

18 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Before Stockperks took over the issuance of the shareholder OBC benefit, I could apply & get it issued when booking a cruise even years in advance…is that still an option?

The shareholder benefit has always been approved annually by the board. There of course may have been agents who approved it beyond the approved time period, but there’s been no policy change. 

On 9/13/2024 at 8:41 AM, Bgwest said:

The one time registration takes a minute but after that task is completed I’ve found the app to operate flawlessly. 

Almost flawlessly for us. We had one cruise where I received the notification from Stockperks that the OBC had been added to our booking and it didn’t show up for 3 days. I forwarded their email to the Princess stock benefit email and had it applied in an hour. Recently we’ve had several final payments, and I submitted the applications and had the OBC in less than 12 hours. 

• Like 1

I used Stockperks to apply credit from Carnival stock to my Princess cruise next month. Took all the information ok, but when I check on status, still shows “in progress”. How long does it take. Applied for this over a week ago.

thanks in advance.

Question, after submitting screenshot showing proof of stock ownership 7 days ago, received this email.......now what?  When I go to redeem perks, app shows "in progress".  Do I need to do something else?

TIA

Your proof of share ownership has been processed. Please go to the Stockperks app to explore and redeem your perks.

Thank you for being a Stockperks member!

Your E*Trade proof of ownership was validated.

• Like 1

July 17, 2012

alabama

Posted 1 hour ago

I used Stockperks to apply credit from Carnival stock to my Princess cruise next month. Took all the information ok, but when I check on status, still shows “in progress”. How long does it take. Applied for this over a week ago.

thanks in advance.

Update, after 8 days it finally processed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drp055934 said:

Update, after 8 days it finally processed.

I appreciate people sharing their experiences.  I submitted my screenshot on 9/11 and it's still being processed.  So many other responses above saying how quick it was, but seeing people saying 7-8 days is giving me some assurance that things are fine and I just need to be a little more patient.  

Downloaded the app last night and educated myself regarding the 'process' and also read MANY complaints on line. I get that for some/many the system works(or eventually works). I refuse to see how it is better/faster than the old system which was print/scan/edit/ send statement. You could always resend if you did not hear back quickly and I had no issue ever with this.

First of all a version still isn't avaliable on windows or mac which is more comfortable for many of us.

Secondly I cannot imagine sending my broker account link to these people (through Plaid) which is 'recommended'. So now I have to download the app/ familiarize myself with it to send a pic or pdf which I may do once or twice a year and do it through my phone.

Obviously Princess is doing this for their convenience not their customers. I have no choice but to spend time on this if I want the OBC. I will be happy to report favorably if it works well  but I have already invested more time learning about the app, downloading it, figuring out how to send edited brokerage page and that is before sending anything. My cruise is in Jan so I will have to wait until Nov. Dec. (not the app's fault). Maybe they will supply Windows or Mac version (promised for this summer) before I need to do battle. JMHO

I use the email address to apply and upload a current statement with all the pertinent info blacked out. This has worked out fine for us. Make sure you name the cruise line, ship, date of sailing and reservation number. They will email you back that your credits have been applied. If you have an older phone - that may be the reason the app does not work (thats what happened to us).