Distance from these sights

Tina80

We will be in Rome with my 9 year old kid and were wondering how close these sights are to each other as I don't believe Google map provides step by step direction for walking, but anyway, I would like to plan ahead if possible. Our hotel is close to Colosseum:

Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri

San Bernardo alle Terme

Santa Maria della Vittoria

Museo di scultura antica Giovanni Barracco

Spanish steps

Trevi fountain

Assuming we will start walking from our hotel, in which order would you suggest we visit these sights and how long will these visits take? Trying to make sure my kid does not get tired or lose interest!

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

You could cut out some of the walking by taking the metro from Colosseo to Termini.

After the last stop, you could jump on a bus or take a taxi back if you've had enough walking.

Very nice, thank you. I was also Googling each one of these to see the distance from Colosseum, Will save your reply. Thank you

I would echo euro cruiser and get the metro to Termini. The walk from near the Colosseum to the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri is mostly uphill but if you get the metro to Termini the walk from the Basilica to the other sites you list will be mostly downhill or relatively flat. The route that euro cruiser shows on the google map is also the most logical but be aware that you will probably end up going into other churches along the way as there are so many beautiful churches in Rome. 

The Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri is very interesting with the meridian line and Santa Maria della Vittoria has the Ecstasy of Saint Teresa. You will probably only need 10 to 15 minutes in each church but if you have warm weather you may want to sit down in the cool for a bit of a breather. You don't need long at the Spanish Steps or Trevi Fountain as you may just want to look and take some photos. The Trevi Fountain in particular can be very crowded so be prepared and watch your belongings as pickpockets are there. Make sure you enjoy a gelato or two along the way. 

14 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

I would echo euro cruiser and get the metro to Termini. The walk from near the Colosseum to the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri is mostly uphill but if you get the metro to Termini the walk from the Basilica to the other sites you list will be mostly downhill or relatively flat. The route that euro cruiser shows on the google map is also the most logical but be aware that you will probably end up going into other churches along the way as there are so many beautiful churches in Rome. 

The Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri is very interesting with the meridian line and Santa Maria della Vittoria has the Ecstasy of Saint Teresa. You will probably only need 10 to 15 minutes in each church but if you have warm weather you may want to sit down in the cool for a bit of a breather. You don't need long at the Spanish Steps or Trevi Fountain as you may just want to look and take some photos. The Trevi Fountain in particular can be very crowded so be prepared and watch your belongings as pickpockets are there. Make sure you enjoy a gelato or two along the way. 

Perfect, thank you so much

12 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

Trust me Tina, I've made every mistake possible over the years.  My kids have practically rolled their eyes right out of their heads at my blunders while on the road, I'm just sharing the learnings.

You have helped me tremendously throughout this whole planning. Many years ago, I decided to go on my first cruise and posted here on this forum and some users were very *critic* so I logged off and never planned my cruise. I really appreciate all your help with each and every question I had

If you have an iPhone you can use the routes features in Apple Maps. You tap the attraction you want to see and it will map it out for you, with directions. Even better if you have an Apple Watch, you'll get maps on your wrist and don't need to look at your phone while you're walking. It works very very well in big European cities. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

If you have an iPhone you can use the routes features in Apple Maps. You tap the attraction you want to see and it will map it out for you, with directions. Even better if you have an Apple Watch, you'll get maps on your wrist and don't need to look at your phone while you're walking. It works very very well in big European cities. 

Such a great idea, thank you