IAH Flight Departure Time???

teacherman

Planning to fly into IAH for a cruise on Harmony of the Seas next March.  We will fly in a day early, but plan to fly out on the Sunday (March 30) we disembark.  I am booking my own air arrangements.  It seems that people are saying we should NOT book a flight prior to 1:00 pm, due to the distance to the airport, but I see that Air2Sea is offering an 11:55 flight.  We have never cruised from Galveston, nor flown from IAH.  So, for those of you who have experience with this, what time do you think is "safe"?

5 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

You've also got 5000+ people leaving the ship.

Haven't cruised out of Galveston but this just seems like asking for stress.

And that's like peak Spring Break time...especially on a Sunday, you'll have all of the additional people trying to get back home from their land-based vacations in the region. 

This sounds like my nightmare haha. 

• Like 1

After 1PM.  Getting to IAH from the port can take a LONG time and it's not easy to do.  I took the cruise line's bus and it took almost 2 hours, maybe a bit more.  Lots of traffic.  I stayed overnight at the Marriott at IAH.  Others were worried that they'd miss their flights, even following the cruise line instructions.