Pre registration- 2026 cruises

Clarecruisers

It does sometimes get applied - earlier this year I received 2 consecutive reductions of the final balance on 1 cruise (booked late) because the package price had dropped.

But yes, lately that clause about it only applying if the package is exactly the same has been applied much more than usual (including Britannia Club offers which only apply to new bookings..)

Still, there are many things that Saga do very well, and they overall suit me, so I can live with the mild irritation of discovering that I could have been better off by waiting for guarantee or other special offers. Ho hum - first world problems indeed.

I've  had a small reduction ,  35£ once, because something had changed and package price gone down ! Reduced port charges.

But never had price promise evoked , ie they've discounted price and sold it cheaper. All discounted prices are guarantees thus different terms to avoid price promise.  It's not the money,  it's the deliberate two faced con trick of a price promise that they do everything not to evoke. 

With other cruises , holidays , flights you pay what you pay, if price drops hard luck,  if it goes up you win.  It's the fact Saga try to con you that they are different with their meaningless  price promise. The fact is that they are actually no different to others. What does that remind you of.

Yes many things Saga do well. And Saga cruises bought early are good value for what you get and quality  

• Like 2

I’m afraid this pricing lark is a symptom of Saga’s changed MO. What was an avuncular, old fashioned company is now a cynically patronising one. All smoke and mirrors, and disingenuous when it comes to dealing with complaints. Just another plc with bigger, shinier ships than before. 

• Like 2