Question on excursions on disembarkation/embarkation day

jeffyd

We'll be on the Navigator next week for a back to back from Sept 28th to Oct 22nd from Rome to Barcelona. On Oct 10th, the first leg will end and we'll be in Athens from 6 AM to 6 PM. Our booking is two 12 day trips not one 24 day trip. My question is, for those of us (no idea how many) who will stay on the ship on 10/10, will we be able to book Regent excursions for that day in port?

I don't see the excursions to choose on my account since it's showing us as two separate voyages. Will there be any Regent excursions that day and if so, how can I see them and book them?

Thanks.

Jeff

During your Rome to Athens leg, Regent should be sending you and the other back to back passengers a list of available excursions in Athens. Select the excursion you wish and return the form to Destinations. The number of excursions available is dependent upon the number of back to back passengers. Some of the excursions offered may be included excursions and others may be extra charge excursions.

Dave

Also look at maybe a private tour in Athens.  You won't know until a few days out if they're going to offer anything, so you could pre-book with a tour company to see what you want.  Also you can catch the Hop on Hop off bus at the port and ride it around. If you want to stop and get off then you can. You can catch a cab back to or from the port also, just make ABSOLUTELY SURE the driver knows it's the CRUISE PORT and not the AIRPORT (I have an entire "adventure" on how I know that).  😱

23 hours ago, jeffyd said:

Thanks papaflamingo. Great advice. I bet that’s a great story!

Let's just say our "adventure" included a taxi driver that didn't speak English OR Greek (not that I could tell), a lot of "arm movement" when I finally convinced him "cruise port" NOT "airport" (although we did see the outside of the airport), and a lot of "comments" from my wife and her friend from the back seat when I tried really hard to convince them "they always drive 100mph around here...we'll be fine."  🤣

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1

That’s too funny (but probably not at the time!). We had a crazy taxi experience in Norway. We didn’t know there were three cruise ports! We just told them to take us to the cruise port. First port, not our ship. Second port, same thing. Once we got to the third port we had to run so we didn’t miss the ship that was ready to leave. We were the last ones on! Whew. Note to self, always write down the cruise port address! Ha Ha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi Jeff

We did a back to back last year Barcelona to Istanbul. First leg finished in Rome. We started to enquire about Rome excursions as soon as we boarded but were not given any info until a couple of days before. The excursions offered were quite limited and not very appealing. Also the one chosen was then cancelled the day before due to lack of numbers. I suggest you book a private tour as a back up………

Cheers Sue

22 hours ago, jeffyd said:

Note to self, always write down the cruise port address!

Yeah....that was sort of the "moral of the story" from Athens too. We also do the same thing....now.... Excellent words to the wise!!! 😎

Something else the same 3 of us learned on that cruise...DO NOT EVER ride the Donkeys down the hill in Santorini!!!!  It includes a "killer donkey,"... a "stumbling donkey," ... and a "donkey doo attack"  by the "killer donkey."  Oh yeah... and WAY too much "donkey doo!"  But that's a story for another day. 🤣

Edited by papaflamingo

Good advice Sue! Thanks, I think we’ll do that. 
And papaflamingo we were in Santorini back in July on the Grandeur (amazing ship!) and will be stopping there again on this trip and will definitely avoid the donkey trail!!

• Like 1

A moment of levity....

On our first Regent cruise excursion, we met at the theater as instructed and sat down.  The crew managing the tour desk were announcing instructions for everyone... "Please bring your Y 2 ticket to the desk before boarding."  We didn't have a "Y 2 ticket".  The announcement was repeated many times so I decided I better find out about these "Y 2 tickets" we didn't have. I asked the attendants at the tour desk.. "We don't have Y 2 tickets!"  One of the attendants responded...  "WHITE TOUR TICKETS!"!!

It's a fond standing joke with the wife and me!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/20/2024 at 1:24 PM, papaflamingo said:Something else the same 3 of us learned on that cruise...DO NOT EVER ride the Donkeys down the hill in Santorini!!!!  It includes a "killer donkey,"... a "stumbling donkey," ... and a "donkey doo attack"  by the "killer donkey."  Oh yeah... and WAY too much "donkey doo!"  But that's a story for another day. 🤣

You could always tell on the tender returning to the ship that someone had ridden the donkeys. There was a definite smell of donkey!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

You could always tell on the tender returning to the ship that someone had ridden the donkeys. There was a definite smell of donkey!

Heck, we had friends with us who WALKED down.  They about "killed" themselves slipping and sliding in donkey doo.  And there was no way their shoes were going anywhere but out on the balcony even after a number of washings.  🤣