How to Upload Reflections and Menus?

loriva

As we enter the glidepath to our first cruise on Crystal Ocean in two weeks, I'd like to ask those with experience for the most-efficient way to upload Reflections and menus to CC.com.  Does Crystal have an app you can use with your smartphone that has the documents?  Or do you need to use their tablet and then send them to yourselves as email attachments?  Or is there a method I'm missing completely?

Many thanks,

Crystal has an app you can use while on board and it includes dining menus, daily program etc.

You could upload it from an iPhone etc.

I just my computer so I open it on that, save it to a file folder and then from say CC upload it like I do photos or I can upload it to other things such as my blog or other platforms the same way.

They also provide the rooms with a pad like an iPad and sometimes we use that to read it or to see our folio which only shows up there.

Keith

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Crystal has an app you can use while on board and it includes dining menus, daily program etc.

You could upload it from an iPhone etc.

I just my computer so I open it on that, save it to a file folder and then from say CC upload it like I do photos or I can upload it to other things such as my blog or other platforms the same way.

They also provide the rooms with a pad like an iPad and sometimes we use that to read it or to see our folio which only shows up there.

Keith

So, you can open the app on your laptop?  Or get the menus, etc. it by logging into the ship's intranet?  (And then save the file and subsequently upload it.  I get the latter part--just trying to determine the easiest way to get the file from the ship's system to my device.)

1 hour ago, loriva said:

So, you can open the app on your laptop?  Or get the menus, etc. it by logging into the ship's intranet?  (And then save the file and subsequently upload it.  I get the latter part--just trying to determine the easiest way to get the file from the ship's system to my device.)

They have an intranet set up like a portal, so you would basically navigate those pages to see the menus and schedules for the day.  (It's not really a native app, but you can save the page so it's accessible like one.)

When you browse it on on your own device instead of the tablet in the room, you can save the files locally to your device and organize or rename them as you like when you save them.  (That's why you see the varying file names on all the posts here.)

When I do it, I tend to use my phone or tablet (they share cloud storage) and just throw them in a unique folder for each cruise, and tend to save copies of all the restaurant menus.  That way I can also look back on changes to the different alternative restaurants over time.  You don't have to go through all that work, but thinking of where you want to save them and how you want to organize them in advance helps make things easier you start to collect the files.

Edited to add: Another reason I save them using my phone sometimes involves the timing of when things are posted, and the timing of when my senile brain remembers to check -- especially in the case of restaurant menus.  I may already be out and about, so if I remember to check a menu, or see it's been posted while I'm out doing something, it's super easy to just snag it then right there on my phone, and I'm all set.

Vince 

Edited by BWIVince
  • Thanks 1

Because I type a lot I like using my computer. In my case MacBook Air.

Ion to the Crystal intranet. I have it bookmarked on my web browser.

Go to the section where Reflections can be found and open the reflections and then save it as a PDF (for example today I save it as September or Sept 19 Refections and put it in a file on my desktop and then to send out write the e-mail and attach the file as I normally would or for CC I upload it to the port or for my blog I upload it to the blog.

They have another section for dining and I find the menu(s) I like and save them the same way and send them out or upload them the same way.

If you have problems just stop by the computer university with your device(s) and they will help you with this.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1