CP's and Junior CP's & Sapphire Ocean Suites on Deck 7 on Crystal Symphony

Keith1010

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

On a related note I remember when there were comments about the name of Junior CP's and a few people didn't understand why Junior CP. I never really understood the issue as Hotels have used for years the name a Junior Suite to describe a suite that is smaller than a regular sized suite.Of course, many hotels have a variety of names and suite offerings.

Same is true of ships. You know, owner's suite, and so forth.

The Junior Suite description on Symphony really tells the story.

On Symphony the two original CP's on Deck 10 have been updated so they look very close to the two new ones on Deck 8. There are a few differences such as the closet configuration, along with the bed and a few other items including art work but they are very similar.

The Junior CP's look very similar to the CP between the finish out, furniture, etc.  It's just that it is smaller so items such as the living area, bedroom, bathroom look very similar with their size being the major difference and their location.

The Junior CP's no Symphony look the same or very similar to those on Serenity including the size of the suite and the verandah.

The CP on the Serenity and the CP on Symphony have different styles and their size is different. The Serenity CP is larger, while both include a guest bathroom Serenity's incudes a shower and has a room with a sofa bed to accommodate a third person.  The Serenity CP also has a butler's pantry with cabinets for glasses, a large coffee maker using coffee grounds, an ice maker, a sink and counter space, and refrigerator.  

Keith

Thankfully the controversy over the Junior CP naming convention hasn’t reached me yet, because I’d have really strong feelings on that one.  😁 I know people always want to complain that Crystal conforms to US business conventions which may or may not translate to norms in other parts of the world, and absolutely that’s a balancing act that can have negative financial impact on companies that don’t learn to not accommodate everyone as best they can…. But this one is just cut and dry.

Junior suites are a long standing naming convention in the US travel industry (where Crystal is and has always been based, regardless of ownership), and that’s just life.  Our other phrase in hospitality here for Junior is Executive, which would be WAY more confusing both in the US and globally.  Demi is sometimes used internationally in place of Junior, but that is hardly if ever used in the US, and would cause mass confusion.

….And to anyone who thinks they should have just continued the stone naming convention all the way through has never had to explain the difference between a sapphire and aquamarine to a customer.  A CP vs. Junior CP is 100x clearer to the majority of Crystal’s customer base than sapphire vs. aquamarine.

Naming conventions are a thing, and exhaust for a reason, even if some don’t understand them, or they’re not globally universal .  😊 

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2024 at 9:58 AM, Keith1010 said:

mnocket...While I was walking the Promenade Deck today with my darling wife, I took another look at the windows for you.  I also looked at them last night. No need to be concerned with any of the ones on Deck 7 regardless of room type.  I do want to note even on higher decks, there could be times when someone might want to close the shades/drapes too.

Keith

Thank you, Keith.  I very much appreciate your efforts to help alleviate my concern about the ocean view cabins on the Symphony. Mission accomplished👍😃

• Like 1