Back to back in the Med

Buckeyefan1993

I really appreciate all of the advice and information everyone has been putting on here. This information is invaluable to helping me make a decision. 

The trip I'm looking at is a 1 week that ends in Rome and then staying on the ship for the second week. Does anyone know what concerns I should have doing an excursion in Rome on a day where I am bridging two cruises officially?

12 hours ago, Buckeyefan1993 said:

I really appreciate all of the advice and information everyone has been putting on here. This information is invaluable to helping me make a decision. 

The trip I'm looking at is a 1 week that ends in Rome and then staying on the ship for the second week. Does anyone know what concerns I should have doing an excursion in Rome on a day where I am bridging two cruises officially?

I would say none whatsoever. The way the Med cruises operate over the summer is that people come and go at the (what was Monday this year) turnaround days, but you can book 1, 2, 3 week segments or more. I think when we joined in Rome, c.800 guests remained from the previous week, then in Barcelona c.1,200 guests departed, and then 1,000 when we left in Rome the following week. 

Our stop in Barcelona, which was another turnaround day, was no different to any other port of call, aside from us taking a different route to/from the ship as transit passengers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, King Amo said:

I would say none whatsoever. The way the Med cruises operate over the summer is that people come and go at the (what was Monday this year) turnaround days, but you can book 1, 2, 3 week segments or more. I think when we joined in Rome, c.800 guests remained from the previous week, then in Barcelona c.1,200 guests departed, and then 1,000 when we left in Rome the following week. 

Our stop in Barcelona, which was another turnaround day, was no different to any other port of call, aside from us taking a different route to/from the ship as transit passengers. 

Did you have to pick up a new keycard for the second week or did it last for the voyage?

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Did you have to pick up a new keycard for the second week or did it last for the voyage?

It lasted the voyage, as I had booked a set two weeks. I can't remember the various codes for sure, but I think we were V419, but there were people on V419A, B, C, D and E depending on their length of cruise, and as far as I know each got a card which lasted for whatever their duration was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

These were the excursions offered on the current Queen Anne sailing. 

20240920_094517.jpg

Quite a lot of nice choices for those who don’t want to endure Rome. Even a music recital, which gets you back in time for lunch. I always enjoy lunch on days when the ship is quiet.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Buckeyefan1993 said:

The only issue you would have is if you are changing cabins between the two cruises - if you already have the same cabin then don't bid on an upgrade as you may find that you have to move cabins on turnaround day,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, King Amo said:

Perfect! Thank you.

9 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

These were the excursions offered on the current Queen Anne sailing. 

20240920_094517.jpg

I recommend Ostia Antica. The port of the Roman Empire and an archeological gem. Very underrated. And you don’t have to slug it out with the traffic all the way to Rome. 

6 minutes ago, NE John said:

I recommend Ostia Antica. The port of the Roman Empire and an archeological gem. Very underrated. And you don’t have to slug it out with the traffic all the way to Rome. 

I agree. Very interesting site. And you get back for lunch and a rest. If I wanted a whole day, Orvieto and lunch sounds quite nice, if you like stripey cathedrals.

• Like 1