Post-Cruise Survey ETA?

ryndam

We disembarked Serenity last Saturday in NYC after a very nice 18-day trans-canal cruise. As of today, neither of us has received the post-cruise survey.

There are quite a few individuals, venues, guest entertainers/lecturers that we want to comment, but as the days start slipping further and further away from the voyage, our memories start to fade.

For those that have completed recent cruises, say in the past 90 days+/-, when did you receive your post-cruise surveys?

Or is this a feature that has gone by the wayside?

Thanks!

Rob & Jim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryndam said:

We disembarked Serenity last Saturday in NYC after a very nice 18-day trans-canal cruise. As of today, neither of us has received the post-cruise survey.

There are quite a few individuals, venues, guest entertainers/lecturers that we want to comment, but as the days start slipping further and further away from the voyage, our memories start to fade.

For those that have completed recent cruises, say in the past 90 days+/-, when did you receive your post-cruise surveys?

Thanks!

Rob & Jim

Hopefully people will have more recent examples, but when I disembarked on 7/9, I got the survey link that evening around 8:00pm Eastern.

Vince

• Like 1

Rob, We have not rec’d one either..and like yourselves, am eager to share impressions. There were so many excellent lecturers on this cruise plus goid very enjoyable entertainers. 

Hope that you enjoyed NYC and that excellent restaurant. Paula

2 hours ago, ryndam said:

Thanks!

Rob & Jim

Hello ryndam, thank you for sailing with us! It is lovely to hear you enjoyed a wonderful 18 day sailing. Please email our Onboard Guest Services team at obgs@crystalcruises.com for further assistance. Thank you, Crystal Guest Relations 

• Like 2

A bit of unnecessary confusion. Called obgs..told they don’t do this but write to guest relations…did that…they wrote back and asked for booking number…sent that..no survey to date.

How is it easier go book a cruise than to receive a survey?

32 minutes ago, PaulaJK said:

A bit of unnecessary confusion. Called obgs..told they don’t do this but write to guest relations…did that…they wrote back and asked for booking number…sent that..no survey to date.

How is it easier go book a cruise than to receive a survey?

😀 In fairness, one has an entire management hierarchy over it because the vast majority of the company's revenue is dependent on it, while the other normally a part of one person's portfolio, and that person may or may not be in the office that day/week.  But yeah, point taken, real-life priorities suck sometimes.  🙂

Vince

1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

😀 In fairness, one has an entire management hierarchy over it because the vast majority of the company's revenue is dependent on it, while the other normally a part of one person's portfolio, and that person may or may not be in the office that day/week.  But yeah, point taken, real-life priorities suck sometimes.  🙂

Vince

I accept your point, Vince. It was Crystal Guest Relations who instructed to contact obgs…then obgs who said to contact CGS…then a second contact to send booking number. This is not a big issue in my life… but…Crystal could have said send an email to CGR including your booking number. Less hassle for them and less hassle for me/ us.Of course it would be nice to automatically receive it, soon after the end of the cruise to preserve memories. There were so many excellent components to this cruise that I wanted to be certain to note them. I wonder about a return rate of completed surveys sent immediately after the cruise as contrasted w a month after the cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulaJK said:

I accept your point, Vince. It was Crystal Guest Relations who instructed to contact obgs…then obgs who said to contact CGS…then a second contact to send booking number. This is not a big issue in my life… but…Crystal could have said send an email to CGR including your booking number. Less hassle for them and less hassle for me/ us.Of course it would be nice to automatically receive it, soon after the end of the cruise to preserve memories. There were so many excellent components to this cruise that I wanted to be certain to note them. I wonder about a return rate of completed surveys sent immediately after the cruise as contrasted w a month after the cruise.

Absolutely...  I should have edited the quote window down to the last sentence, that's all I was commenting on. I've already shared my experience with my 0-1 (now moot) success rate on getting a response from emails  they've instructed me to send, so I feel your pain there.  I love that Crystal is so much like it's been for last ~35 years, EXCEPT in this one way.

Vince

• Like 1

We take the waiting time after disembarkaction (e.g. in the aiport lounge) to jot down our major pluses and minuses, then rank them to see if they are important enough to mention in the survey, if it ever comes.  Another suggestion is to have someone post a blank survey here, like menus or Reflections are posted, and use it as a guide during the cruise to record your observations.

Dear all, after further investigation we are following up with our IT team as all guests who disembarked after September 8th did not receive a end-of-cruise survey. As soon as surveys are ready guests will receive automated email with the link to the survey. Thank you, Crystal Guest Relations 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We received the link to the survey yesterday. It is a very different and more limited-in-scope survey format than past surveys. It is a very "generic" survey and not a voyage-specific survey. There were no questions about the cruise-specific ports, the enrichment lecturers or entertainment. The only opportunity to add any comments were two fill-in boxes at the end of the survey. One box asked for "any additional comments". The other box asked if any staff members should be recognized (name/position/department).

Each pre-populated comment/question requested a "click" on a scale of 1-10 (1 being the worst; 10 being the most exceptional.) There was no opportunity to select a "N/A" (not applicable) for items not experienced on the voyage. I merely left those line items blank for activities/etc. that I did not participate or partake. Nor was there an opportunity to comment on any particular service/dining/etc. item until the end of the survey in the "any additional comments" box.

The survey was so simplified, it took only 5-10 minutes to complete.

Rob

That is really disappointing ,Ryndam. ‘ Our’ cruise had so many excellent entertainers and lecturers; Crystal is missing out on this information. Also, frequently there are laudatory comments about how Crystal ‘ listens’ but it doesn’t sound as though  these surveys can offer much to hear.

apologies for the italics…but tapping the I is not getting rud if it..Am I missing something?