Shore Excursions

Hi fellow travelers!
There used to be a section about shore excursions on this board a while ago, and I can't find it now. It was extremely useful - people shared contacts for tours, then we organized in small groups, and it worked fantastic for our several cruises on different continents. With the changes in this site, could you please help directing me where to find it? My immediate interest is New Zealand. Thank you very much!

15 hours ago, Mariwind said:

Hi fellow travelers!
There used to be a section about shore excursions on this board a while ago, and I can't find it now. It was extremely useful - people shared contacts for tours, then we organized in small groups, and it worked fantastic for our several cruises on different continents. With the changes in this site, could you please help directing me where to find it? My immediate interest is New Zealand. Thank you very much!

Hello @Mariwind and welcome back to the Cruise Critic website & message board! I see it has been a while since you have posted.

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask s Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry was off topic there.

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are both great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you are posting again! Please click here Cruise Critic Community for all our forum categories. I suggest you put the page link in your browser's Favorites for quick & easy access in the future. Please read a few threads in the various discussion forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

I also suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

To research shore excursions in the various Ports of Call, click here: Ports of Call 

Please remember the following portion from the Guidelinewe all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Browse Before You Post
Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else. Also, many of the major cruise lines forums have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) topic that has been created by our members. Give that a try first. Browsing is your #1 best resource! Please post your messages in an appropriate topic so that you'll receive the best possible response. It is very time consuming to move misplaced messages that are in the wrong topics.

Anytime you need to start a new thread on any of our various discussion forums, first make sure you are in the correct forum for your topic. Use the dark blue Start new topic button and word your new thread title in a way to help the members know exactly the information you seek. This greatly helps the members browsing through the thread titles and if they know the information, they will post replies to you.

Also, it is best to limit each inquiry message to only one topic such as one cruise line, one ship, one port of call, etc. and of course, on the correct forum. You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention the cruise line, ship, sail date or port in your inquiry message if that sort of information will help your fellow Cruise Critic members help you.

If you have booked a cruise, check to see if there is an existing Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your specific cruise line, ship and sail date. Please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll CallFor more information about our famous Roll Calls, please read the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines.

Use the Roll Call Finder Tool at the top of the ROLL CALLS forum for your specific cruise line and ship to see if there is an existing Roll Call thread for your specific sail date. If not, feel free to start one! Just follow the directions in How To: Create A New Roll Call, especially how they are to be titled. And don't worry about any responsibilities in starting a Cruise Critic Roll Call thread. Our Roll Calls belong to all members sailing that cruise; there is no designated leader or owner. It does not matter who started the thread. Our Roll Calls are for Cruise Critic members on the same cruise. They get to know one another online before their cruise so there will be all kinds of discussion in the Roll Call thread for their cruise!

If one already exists, click the Roll Call title to open the thread and read through the posts to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you. Then use the dark blue Reply to this topic button to post an introductory post about yourself. I feel sure your fellow Cruise Critic members will welcome you with replies. For more information regarding posting on our boards, please click here: How to: Reply to a Topic / Quote / Multi-Quote 

The specific Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date is the ONLY place on the Cruise Critic message boards where you and your fellow Roll Call thread members may post personal ads about sharing private tours, excursions or transportation with each other to save money. There is a "captive audience" there since you are all sailing together! Your fellow Roll Call thread members may have important information posted in your Roll Call thread. Especially those that may have sailed your line, ship or itinerary before. Also, they may have already posted share requests that may interest you. 

If you ever need technical help in regard to using the Cruise Critic message board software, come back here to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum. You will see a large amount of "How to..." pinned threads on the forum's first page. Also, browse through the threads in the forum looking for threads of interest. As with other forums on our boards, you may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you. 

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

I may have taken stupid pills this morning, but I cannot find the topic 'Shore Excursions' doing any of the things you have suggested.  This is a board that I would really like to read!  What's the answer to Mariwind's original question?

7 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

I may have taken stupid pills this morning, but I cannot find the topic 'Shore Excursions' doing any of the things you have suggested.  This is a board that I would really like to read!  What's the answer to Mariwind's original question?

There is no topic area "Shore Excursions". 

For what the OP described the best solution is to find the "Roll Call" for the booked cruise. Within that thread one can ask about, propose, and arrange excursions. @Host Kat's post has guidance and links to access roll calls.

To research possible tours and venues of interest on should use the https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2-ports-of-call/ area.