Storing large luggage under beds?

mtd716

My family and i took 3 suitcases, emptied the clothes into the drawer and stored the suitcases one inside of the other since we had small(carry on) medium and large. they fit perfectly under the bed. Hope this helps! =]

6/28 till the VICTORY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;6;28;11;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Our deepest luggage doesn't fit under the beds, so we stick it in the closet or stand it up at the end of a bed. That doesn't bother us.

Something else to consider: Most airline now charge for luggage that weighs over 50 pounds (but some don't charge for that.)

We had that problem on our Alaska cruise last month(12 days/big warm clothes). The suitcases were too thick to fit under the bed so I asked the room steward if there was an area where he could store our two large suitcases. He said all you had to do was open the lids and slide them under the bed. This worked and also made a handy storage spot for our dirty clothes. There was also room for our smaller carry-ons.

Rick

12/2004 Spirit(S.Mexico)

09/2004 Paradise(Panama Canal)

05/2004 Mercury(Alaska)

02/2004 Regal Princess(Hawaii)

01/2004 Ecstasy(N.Mexico)

12/2003 Ryndam(Sea of Cortez)

09/2003 Paradise(E. Carrib)

02/2003 Conquest(W. Carrib)

05/2002 Elation (Mex.Riviera)

Our new super size luggage does not fit under the bed and have to store it in the closet.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

Thanks for the help, everyone! It sounds like even if our luggage doesn't fit under the bed, there is other room to store it. Not sure yet what we'll end up taking, but at least the weight isn't a concern since we aren't flying. Fortunately, we're just a 2-hour drive from the port.

You can also ask your cabin steward to store your luggage for you-as we did when I majorly OVERPACKED! What a guy he was! LOL! I needed to find MY watershoes which I had misplaced so I had him bring each piece of luggage to me and couldn't find those shoes. Finally got him to bring me back the FIRST bag and in a "secret" area, I found them!!!!!!! He was so kind through it all-gotta love the level of service we get.

Daughter and I also flew OUT of local airport just fine BUT coming home out of San Jaun had to pay $25 per bag as they were overweight-each 60+ lbs. WE had docs that stated 75 lbs BUT supposedely they were OLD and new limit is 50 lbs??????? Be careful!

But does anyone know how many inches are between the floor and the bottom of the bed? I know a lot of us brought are measuring tapes to measure the room dimensions. icon_cool.gif

Conquest, we will be with you

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;27;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

I am not sure about the bed sizes and such. I know that I just bought new luggage at our local Bass Outlet for $49.99 for 4 pieces, that all fit inside the other when empty. The biggest is 27 in. Good deal.

*10/03* Elation! Do as you please I am cruisin'!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;10;03;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

TomD,

The measurements are probably variable from cruiseline to cruiseline.

cruizintexas,

Luggage-sounds like a good deal.

Can you get fishing gear there also??

Rick

12/2004 Spirit(S.Mexico)

09/2004 Paradise(Panama Canal)

05/2004 Mercury(Alaska)

02/2004 Regal Princess(Hawaii)

01/2004 Ecstasy(N.Mexico)

12/2003 Ryndam(Sea of Cortez)

09/2003 Paradise(E. Carrib)

02/2003 Conquest(W. Carrib)

05/2002 Elation (Mex.Riviera)

We bought fairly inexpensive rolling duffle bags for just this reason. Our hard side luggage that we prefer for air travel won't fit under the bed when closed, didn't think about opening it up flat. Anyway the rolling duffles smash down flat to about 4" so even in the tightest space we are ususally okay. Joan

Mtd: To curb my own curiosity, I just measured our 2 large suitcases. They are both 9 1/2" deep, and I recall last time had to manuever them to get them under the bed. Opening them is a great idea that dumbo me did not think of! icon_biggrin.gif However I did think to put the smaller one inside the bigger one!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TomD:

I know a lot of us brought are measuring tapes to measure the room dimensions. icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom: Do not underestimate what a woman can get in her purse! icon_biggrin.gif I have a small round, 10' tape measure, (Which DH has borrowed numerous times), a small screwdriver with a flat head on one end and a phillips on the other, and of course a corkscrew! Don't leave home without them! icon_biggrin.gif And, no I wasn't a girl scout. LOL!

Vision of the Seas 11/04

Carnival Spirit 10/03

Ecstasy 12/02

Ecstasy 05/02

Statendam 12/01

Norwegian Wind 12/00

Viking Serenade 09/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 12/99

Holiday 01/98

Nordic Prince 10/94

Viking Serenade 09/93

Song of America 10/92