Is there iced coffee or cold brew available on Koningsdam?

Maimour

As the title says, I'm wondering if iced coffee and/or cold brew is an available at any the cafes or elsewhere on board Koningsdam. Not iced latte, not iced americano, not hot coffee poured over ice....but actual iced coffee or cold brew. Thanks!! 

I'm intrigued by your post because I am a coffee "snob", and I love iced coffee and get it at Grand Dutch Cafe and at Explorations Cafe, but I have no idea which of the types you mentioned it actually is!  Can you fill us on on what "actual iced coffee or cold brew" is?  As opposed to the other things? Thanks!!

• Like 1

When you order at those cafes do you explicitly order iced coffee, or an iced espresso based drink (like an iced latte)? I can’t believe I’m making this so complicated it seems silly 😄

Cold brew is regular coffee grounds steeped overnight in cold water (sweeter and less bitter taste), and iced coffee is regular brewed hot coffee that’s then chilled in the fridge to a cold temperature before serving. The difference with an iced espresso based drink is that the beans are espresso and there’s usually way more milk than an iced coffee or cold brew. It’s always possible to just pour hot brewed coffee directly over ice but then that waters down the coffee so it’s not ideal.

Sooooo if straight up iced coffee or cold brew isn’t available on board I will bring my own cold brew concentrate, but I’d rather not if I can stroll over to a cafe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maimour said:

Sooooo if straight up iced coffee or cold brew isn’t available on board I will bring my own cold brew concentrate,

The mini-fridge in your cabin is more a cooler than a fridge, so you are more like to have a "cool brew" than a "cold brew" unless you get your ice bucket filled and put your cup/glass in that for a while.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

The mini-fridge in your cabin is more a cooler than a fridge, so you are more like to have a "cool brew" than a "cold brew" unless you get your ice bucket filled and put your cup/glass in that for a while.

I use a concentrate that I don't mix until I'm ready to drink. It's is 1 teaspoon of cold brew concentrate to 8 oz of whatever water I have laying around, so I won't need to use the fridge. I'll just need ice, which I'm hoping I can ask for room service or the steward to bring to the cabin 🤞

1 hour ago, Maimour said:

I'll just need ice, which I'm hoping I can ask for room service or the steward to bring to the cabin

I always ask my room steward to fill my ice bucket twice a day, it has never been a problem.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Unfortunately the iced coffee on board is not a cold brew or regular brewed coffee that’s been chilled. When I order it, it’s brewed coffee poured over ice. I’m rather picky about it being strong enough because I like to add cream. I do have to say that the Explorations Cafe does a good iced coffee, however not all the baristas make them the same so if you find someone making it the way you like make sure they are making it for you each time. And don’t bother asking for it in the dining room, they don’t have the extra ice needed nor the vessel. The only time I was able to order one at breakfast was in Club Orange but they have to go to a bar for a plastic glass. I think it was from the Lido bar. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ