LUGGAGE STORAGE - CAPETOWN PORT

Looking for assistance.  We disembark morning of the 14th November on the Riviera.

Our flight does not leave till 6.25pm so do not have to be at  airport till say 3pm.

Thinking of doing a short tour say 3/4 hours return to dock ( or where luggage will be) where we will have arranged transfer to airport.

Any help will be appreciated.

You might want to consider booking a private tour with an operator that will allow you to bring your luggage along in the vehicle. This way, they could drop you at the airport at the end of your tour. 

I've visited Cape Town in the past on a land trip for several days, and I will be ending a cruise there in May 2025, it is a lovely city. Originally, I was going to hire one of these operators for our May trip to take us to the Winelands for the day, and drop us off at the airport afterwards. I ended up getting a good deal on mileage award flights by flying out the next day, so now we are staying an extra night in Cape Town, and our luggage issue went away. 

May be worth checking out:

Wine Flies tour company, or Kestrel Executive Services, www.kestrelservices.co.za, John Farthing, or africanmoonadventures.com

14 hours ago, swanssupporter said:

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, I have done exactly that and now waiting on reply.

Am reluctant to leave at port as cruise continues on and I don’t want my luggage going again on holidays without me.

Yes, I think this is good thinking, as any bags unclaimed at the port will be confiscated by port authorities, and I think it would be difficult to claim them after that. 

The other option I have done in your scenario is to book a hotel very near the port (Radisson Red or similar) for 1 night, even though I won't be staying over. When we disembark the ship, bring our luggage to the hotel and have the front desk hold it while we go touring about. We then come back after check in time, check in, freshen up/shower/nap (depending on how much time we have) and then head to the airport in the evening. This works best when you have those later night flights, say around 9p or later. In your case, I don't think this would be the best use of your time as your flight is on the earlier side. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've done some more research.  A Tours by Locals private tour in Cape Town by Caz L, tour number 1379364 looks encouraging.  It is available on Dec. 11.  It is scheduled for 9 h, but is customizable, and the destination is a scenic drive to Cape Agulhas.  Check it out on the website.  We would depart the ship at 8:00 am, or 8:30 am and would need to be at the airport at 4:00 pm.  The cost for 4 people is $650 USD, but for 6 people it is $690.  If you like it, we can book for 6 and look for 2 more to join us.

If you send me your email address can send details.  Not sure what type of transport is being used.  I am in no hurry to leave ship in am.  I assume as long as out of room we can have leisurely breakfast and stay to 9.30/10.

Driver will keep in touch via what’s app.

we r virtually filling in time and will include lunch.  We want to be at airport around 3pm 

is that too early for you?

On 10/8/2024 at 3:57 AM, swanssupporter said:

If you send me your email address can send details.  Not sure what type of transport is being used.  I am in no hurry to leave ship in am.  I assume as long as out of room we can have leisurely breakfast and stay to 9.30/10.

Driver will keep in touch via what’s app.

we r virtually filling in time and will include lunch.  We want to be at airport around 3pm 

is that too early for you?

Oceania will want everyone of the ship earlier. I  think everyone had to be off by 9. I'll pull my CURRENTS ( Oceania newsletter) to check