How much can you eat ?

Bobby Winds

27 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

I just order it as usual, drop a napkin over it and carry it out.  I never thought to ask anyone's permission.  (What are we, school children?)  Nothing has ever been said 

If you ask for it to go, they will bring it to you with a cover and utensils. 

10 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

If you ask for it to go, they will bring it to you with a cover and utensils. 

That's good to know.  I always keep clean plates, utensils and wine glasses in the cabin anyway since I'm more of a snacker than a full meal type eater.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

In land restaurants I usually ask for a box right away and put half of my entree in it before I start eating it.  I always drink prosecco on the ship and have a drink package so no idea about that since everyplace on board has prosecco.  We do get the Platinum perk of a complimentary bottle of wine and I always ask them not to open it so we can take it to our hotel after we leave the ship.

Prosecco works for me so glad it’s served everywhere!

6 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:
8 hours ago, cheersforbeers said:

Have to agree they were great!  

We were lucky enough to discover those hot fudge sundaes early on our first Prima cruise.  And yes.....we did go in there for dessert only after some other meals😋

We did not discover that hot fudge sundae until our last dinner.

The funny thing is DW looked at it and said to me, "You are not going to eat that whole thing are you?" Two days earlier we had celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary, and yet she did not know me.  🤣😊 Actually, to be totally honest, she did ask for a taste of the whipped cream, and I said ok. So, I guess I did not actually eat the whole thing. 🤣😉

• Haha 3

Yes - you can go to the free dining places as often as you want. There are some time periods between regular meal times when most dining rooms are closed...  but they do stagger the closing times to minimize how long there is next to no food available. But we have frequently gone to the MDR and then grabbed a desert from the buffet to take to our room for later. But I have also circled the ship and grabbed something from different dining rooms between meals. 

11 hours ago, JSar said:

There are some time periods between regular meal times when most dining rooms are closed...  but they do stagger the closing times to minimize how long there is next to no food availabl

The Local/O'Sheehan's only closes briefly in the wee hours on most ships too.

• Like 1

You will see many people eating at multiple locations, or at multiple times for the same meal on cruises.

We noticed a lot of very short guys, with huge hairy feet, enjoying multiple breakfasts on our last adventure. They were very polite. 

Edited by SeekingKillerWhales!
  • Haha 3

For now, you can eat until you explode! With prices continuing to skyrocket on everything, I would not be surprised to see these cruise lines coming up with something that limits how many times a person can eat in a 24 hour period.