Menus on Celebrity App

dj_crusin

We are about 50 days away from our Constellation transatlantic cruise in November.  

We have made reservations for open dining each night.  The Celebrity app is showing menus for the San Marco restaurant for each day of the cruise.  

Do you think these mens are anywhere close to the actual offerings?  If so that might help us pick nights for specialty dining. 

Edited by dj_crusin

A TA has a different series and order of menus than a normal 7 day cruise.  Really can't tell.  Normally you would set the app to the current sailing and see the menus for that sailing.  Generally you don't see your menus until a week or so before your cruise, and even then things can change.  What you are seeing now could very well be placeholders rather than the real menus.  If the later days in the cruise aren't populated, they are probably placeholders.

Normally you could just change dining reservations once you get onboard but a TA might have a lot of people tying up the specialty restaurants.  Personally I would book the specialty dining dates/times I wanted (cancelling select dining for those days) and try to move the specialty dining reservations onboard if there was a main dining menu I had to eat.  If you wait to book onboard the prices will usually be higher.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dj_crusin said:

We are about 50 days away from our Constellation transatlantic cruise in November.  

We have made reservations for open dining each night.  The Celebrity app is showing menus for the San Marco restaurant for each day of the cruise.  

Do you think these mens are anywhere close to the actual offerings?  If so that might help us pick nights for specialty dining. 

I'm with @LeeW on this one (and with you on the TA!)  That said, they do often start with Day 1 of the standard rotation, and the rotation is 14 days long.  What's posted now is as close as you'll get until we board in Barcelona.  It's the last few days that may vary since they don't normally need to provision for the specific items on the last few days of the rotation since the long Euro cruises in that part of Europe are 12 days.  Frozen items prepared sous vide for the last couple of days may not all be available from their European supplier.

We will book specific nights in advance with the shoreside concierge, but may need to try to switch when we board.

I am going to be on a 11 day cruise starting on Sept 30.   I checked the app for our dinner menu.   It cut out after 7days with a blank screen.   Basically giving me the 7 day menu and not showing anything after the 7th night.   From previous cruises and tours of the galley  I know that they have different menus according to the length of the cruise.  When touring the gallery I seen posters  showing the menus  for the each length of a  cruise. 

The App sucks.   It is hard to negotiate and not reliable.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

I suspect that only when repeating the same itinerary that there's probably a good chance that the app's menus are going to be reflection of what to expect.  

But unfortunately, the app seemed to reflect the current sailing.  So if your ship is currently on a 7 day itinerary but you're on a 12 day itinerary, there seems to be a lot of gaps and incorrect info.

I also found that the menus during the two 12 day cruises immediately before ours (which sailed different itineraries) weren't in the same order as our 12 day cruise menus.  IIRC, two or three menus were moved around and not due to moving around for formal/chic night.