To cot, or not to cot - that is the question....just booked...

amurray88

Hi All,

I've just booked for the Britannia in 2025. My toddler will have just turned 2 (literally, the day before we go).

Should I get them a cot? or will they be fine in a bed? I'm guessing it'll be a bunk but....and I think they'll be too young. Any thoughts or experience? Thanks!

1 hour ago, amurray88 said:

Hi All,

I've just booked for the Britannia in 2025. My toddler will have just turned 2 (literally, the day before we go).

Should I get them a cot? or will they be fine in a bed? I'm guessing it'll be a bunk but....and I think they'll be too young. Any thoughts or experience? Thanks!

Some hotel rooms have a notice to say that children under a certain age (definitely older than 2) should not use the upper bunk. Another point to consider is whether your toddler will still be in a cot at home. Mine were all in the own bed by the age of 2 but had a bed guard. 
I would be inclined to book a cot. You can then decide whether or not to use it onboard. 

7 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Some hotel rooms have a notice to say that children under a certain age (definitely older than 2) should not use the upper bunk. Another point to consider is whether your toddler will still be in a cot at home. Mine were all in the own bed by the age of 2 but had a bed guard. 
I would be inclined to book a cot. You can then decide whether or not to use it onboard. 

That makes sense...I'll book one then see what happens nearer the time. Thanks

• Like 1

On 9/23/2024 at 10:03 PM, amurray88 said:

Hi All,

Children of this age are much safer in a normal level bed.  This leaves one with the dilemma of whether you expect your wife to ascend the ladder each night and whether this is sensible. Can you trust your wife to foot the ladder? How many times do you get up in the night? I think booking a cabin with a sofa bed is the only option to not get an ear bashing.

Regards John

• Haha 1