Jet blue dependability

Moe59

I am considering booking a Jet Blue flight from SAV through Boston to LHR. Has anyone had issues with flight change or cancellation with Jet Blue?

There are only a couple of flights per day so I'm concerned about potential changes or delays creating issues getting to the ship on time. 

Any airline may have schedule changes, just as any may have a mechanical on day of flight.

Also, anyone having had a specific issue in the past is no indicator of what my happen with your travel itinerary.

Actual dates and flight information is also useful.

• Like 1

I find JetBlue to be a decent airline but I have never flown on their Transatlantic routes.  As was stated above, any airline can have delays which is why the recommendation is to fly in early for things like cruises.  I have an upcoming trip in Asia and I am flying in 3 days early to avoid any problems getting to my initial departure as well as doing a bit of touring.

Here is the link to the JetBlue page regarding delays: https://www.jetblue.com/help/delays-and-cancellations#flights-cancelled-by-jet-blue.  I would look this over closely to see what would happen if your flight was delayed/cancelled. 

The good news for you is that JetBlue is likely to have a close by plane in Boston that may be able to replace your aircraft in case of mechanical failure - someone correct me if I am wrong on this.  JetBlue will certainly be motivated to make your flight go - even if late - to minimize disruptions to passengers returning from Europe.

Good luck with your decision.

We frequently fly Jet Blue out of BOS to FLL and last year did a transatlantic with our mint points. Any delays we have experienced flying from BOS have been weather related ground stop or issues throughout the country. JB has expanded its presence to and from Europe and with that, is making an effort to provide positive experiences for its passengers. Last month I flew Virgin to LHR and  circled for 40 minutes waiting for a gate to open. 

If you need to be in any location by a specific date, best to fly a few days ahead.

Darcy