Itinerary Help!

Jacaluke

We've never sailed the mediteranean before and have the opportunity to do a cruise next year (2025) but with 2 different itineraries.  Could I please receive feedback on the following:

14 nights on Nieuw Statendam - Departing Sept 20 2025

Barcelona; Valletta; Alexandria (Egypt) overnight; Cyprus; Rhodes; Bodrum; Istanbul; Athens.

We have 2nights in Barcelona and Athens at the start and end of the cruise

10 nights on Norwegian Breakaway - Departing 3rd June 2025

Barcelona; Cannes; Livorno (overnight); Rome; Naples; Messina; Valletta; Cagliari; Palma de Mallorca; Barcelona

We have 2 nights Barcelona prior to cruise

I love both itineraries for their differences.  What we don't see this time we will prob go back and do again another time.  My only concern with the June itinerary is the crowds.  I have checkec Cruise Mapper though and for a lot of the ports the Breakaway is the only ship in port on that particular day which is good.

We have sailed on both HAL and NCL before and love both.  It will just be my husband and I are we are late 40's/early 50's.

Any comments/suggestions would be welcome, thank-you.

My vote would be for itinerary #1. Longer cruise and I like HAL better than NCL, so take it for what it's worth. 

In terms of itinerary, the HAL one would appeal more to someone interested in the historic aspects of the Med. Stopping in Egypt is rare these days. Take advantage of it. Most of the other ports also have a great history and much to see.

The NCL itinerary, on the other hand, is more varied. Some history, some ports that are more about lifestyle, beach, relaxing. 

The shoulder season isn't what it used to be, and the weather will still be warm in Sept (especially in Egypt), but I'd still pick it over June due to slightly reduced crowds and fewer children aboard ship.

Could you also please look at this third option with Celebrity and give me your thoughts - thank-you:

3rd Itinerary

10 nights on Celebrity Ascent - departing May 16 2025

Rome; Katakolon; Corfu; Dubrovnik; Split; Bar (Montenegro); Messina; Naples; Rome

We have 2 nights in Rome prior to cruise.