Car & Driver for full day out of Amsterdam - recommendations?

jsn55

We are two adults who wish to spend the day touring around ... some sightseeing in Amsterdam, a visit to Kasteel deHaar, down to Royal Delft for High Tea.  No luggage, no children.  Returning to Amsterdam early evening.  Has anyone used an English-speaking driver with area experience?  TIA

13 hours ago, jsn55 said:

Returning to Amsterdam early evening.  Has anyone used an English-speaking driver with area experience?

We used an app called Blacklane which I use all the time in Europe and connects you to local drivers. They handle all billing and things like gratuity are included. We did about 6 hours and went in a similar direction you are talking about turning around in Rotterdam. Cost was 400 Euro fully inclusive and was a Mercedes E Class. Highly recommended. It's not a tour, although the driver did speak good English and would point things out and provide some commentary. 

• Like 1

Exactly what we're looking for, thank you!  Blacklane reviews on Trip Advisor are quite negative, the reviews on Trust Pilot are great.  I'm glad to get personal confirmation.  Really appreciate your input.

Most people in the Netherlands, certainly with any tourism contact, will speak English.  

In Amsterdam, the car is not your friend.  Roads are narrow and busy, the huge number of cyclists affect traffic flow.  The road system is dictated by the numerous canals that intersect the city.  Canal boat trips are a popular way of sightseeing.  I have always walked in Amsterdam, often the quickest way, or used the tram. 

A car could take you to Delft town although it is also accessible by train.   

Just now, jsn55 said:

Exactly what we're looking for, thank you!  Blacklane reviews on Trip Advisor are quite negative, the reviews on Trust Pilot are great.  I'm glad to get personal confirmation.  Really appreciate your input.

I've used them just the one time in Amsterdam but have used them extensively in Italy, Greece, and Germany as well as a little bit in the US. Never had an issue. I really like being able to communicate and pay in the app and that everything like gratuity is included. No awkward exchanges with the driver at the end etc. 

• Like 1