Ascent Deck 6 midship verandah cabins - noise from tender boats

AussieNewbie

Hello.

I am considering a solo Verandah cabin for a Mediterannean cruise next year. All solo cabins being offered are on deck 6 (midship) with obstructed views over the top of the tender boats. Does anyone have any experience with noise from the tender boats each morning? 

I've been on other cruise ships where the tender boats being lowered into the water each morning meant I could hear the whirring of the motors and banging of the boats, starting very early in the morning, which was a little annoying. Even a few decks above the boats. 

Thanks for any feedback on whether the Ascent also has the same issues, particularly for the midship cabins on deck 6. 

The Ascent and Verandah cabins look great but I'm a little wary about being so close to the tender boats.

I don't know if they are all tender ports, or local ports. I'm new to Mediterranean cruising.

But these are the ports:

CHANIA (SOUDA)

CRETE, GREECE 

EPHESUS (KUSADASI), TURKEY 

ISTANBUL, TURKEY  

MYKONOS, GREECE 

SANTORINI, GREECE 

NAPLES, ITALY

ROME (CIVITAVECCHIA), ITALY 

Santorini is the only definite tender port (locals when we were there, many overnite at the volcano).  Mykonos may or may not be tendered (we docked in 2021).  In any case, the itinerary description on the X website sez which is which.

Edited by jwlane
  • Like 1

Like the above poster says, your itinerary has 1, maybe 2, tender ports. I was in a deck 7 infinite veranda just above the tenders on the Ascent in the Mediterranean in May and we tendered at two ports. Yes, you could hear the winches and squeaking with the veranda open. Didn't bother me, as I was happy to be woken up to watch the process.

I looked at 2 of the Eastern Med cruises that are 11 nights on Ascent. Celebrity's website has tendering only at Mykonos and Santorini. When looking at a cruise on X's website. Look at the Cruise Itinerary, then scroll down to see each day of your sailing. In the description it tells you whether the ship is docked or tendering.

16 hours ago, AussieNewbie said:

Yes I can see now there are only a couple of tendering ports. I think I jumped to conclusions after doing a few Pacific island cruises where the majority of ports were tendered from the ship. The Med is obviously different. 

In Santorini they use local tenders so Mykonos is the only port with a chance of tendering with ships tenders and only if a bigger ship uses the dock that day which is unlikely.