Madeira and Azores

devolve

Good point, I think I've managed to have at least two ( actually three) visits to the Azores cancelled either through poor weather, although the third was due to the Azores not receiving any cruise ships towards the end of March 2020,  our last port of call after the Q.Vic South American sojourn . We managed every single port without cancellation (or any covid incidents) The Azores was the first port that refused us - only then did we realise what was actually going on back home 😷       🥲 

We are booked on QV Madeira and Azores in Oct 25.  

Madeira should be OK, we have had many land hoidays there including in October, and December, January when the weather is still fine and not too hot.   

We booked hoping to visit the Azores which will be new to us.  The weather, sea conditions can be uncertain at any time of year.  

@Bell Boy, we were on that QV cruise.  We were denied entry to Cartagena, Columbia also because of covid precautions.  If memory serves, that was replaced by Curacao.  Then after disembarking American pax at FL it was straight across the Atlantic post haste to get to the UK with no further port calls, omitting NY and the Azores and terminating at Southampton from where German pax and others had to fly home instead of continuing by ship to Hamburg.    

12 minutes ago, Planning to cruise said:

We are booked on QV Madeira and Azores in Oct 25.  

Madeira should be OK, we have had many land hoidays there including in October, and December, January when the weather is still fine and not too hot.   

We booked hoping to visit the Azores which will be new to us.  The weather, sea conditions can be uncertain at any time of year.  

@Bell Boy, we were on that QV cruise.  We were denied entry to Cartagena, Columbia also because of covid precautions.  If memory serves, that was replaced by Curacao.  Then after disembarking American pax at FL it was straight across the Atlantic post haste to get to the UK with no further port calls, omitting NY and the Azores and terminating at Southampton from where German pax and others had to fly home instead of continuing by ship to Hamburg.    

Yes you are correct , I'd forgotten about Cartagena , not much was made about the reason ( ie Covid  reasons ) We just plodded onto Curacao and accepted the change in itinerary , not realising what we were coming home to.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, devolve said:

Hi 

we are looking at QV Madeira and Azores in October 2025. Has anyone cruised this area at this time of year, any insight would be appreciated.

I am booked on this cruise. New ports  for me. Hope it will be O K. Picked it because of the Itinerary. 

• Like 1