On the Encore in the Med - through Oct 20

shark b8

A little late to this thread, but just enjoyed reading in entirety. I really enjoyed following you…..visiting new places and remembering those still to explore! Thank you for presenting in such a fun manner! it’s so refreshing. 
‘Venice - last year stayed several nights before boarding Quest. Nightmare midday, but magical at night and early mornings.  Kotor sail in pretty special, as is the town. Antalya was a really lovely port. Sad to see Dubrovnik  and Venice are still that crowded at this time of year. Haven’t been to Cypress and several other ports. Thank you for sharing pics. 
Agree with you on wine preferences!  Thanks for sharing the pairing dinner…..we will take a pass. But other meals, including Solis look really inviting. 

Glad you got to Dodger stadium. I grew up in Redondo and frequented back in the day……but have been in Sonoma county for many years. So now a Giants fan….that said, family is split down the middle and we cheer on the ‘other team’ at this stage……so……go Blue!

Looking forward to following along for the remainder of your journey. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

So now a Giants fan

Uh oh.   😉

family is split down the middle and we cheer on the ‘other team’ at this stage…

Yeah, just kidding - I grew up in Berkeley so the Giants were my “first” team.  Willie Mays was (and still is) my idol, my parents said that when I was little, at the game I’d cheer “Yay Willie!”….whether or not he was at the plate.  Or in the field.  Or even on that day’s roster. 

go Blue!

There you go.   🤙

(And thanks for kind words)

• Like 1

Yes, our Med cruise this time was 3 consecutive 1-week legs, but there were no port duplications.  (well, ok, one turnaround in Piraeus).  

Actually the sad part is…..when I originally booked this, it was to be 2 weeks in the Med (with Crete, to satisfy earlier-mentioned return to boyhood crush), and then Ashdod, through the Suez, Red Sea, and out into the Arabian Sea, ending in Dubai.  (Hendricks Bar in the Dubai Four Seasons may be the best bar in the world  -  I will fight any heretics who dare to disagree).  But then…stuff happened.

And that “stuff” meant the THIRD time that exterior circumstances have foiled our plans to visit Luxor.  It’s a long sad story that no one wants to hear, but when you’d have to try a FOURTH time, can’t help but think that someone up there just doesn't want us to visit Luxor.

• Like 2