Uber cost from San Pedro to LAX

mhlcanada

5 minutes ago, mhlcanada said:

Ship is offering $34 pp for shuttle from terminal in San Pedro to LAX. What would be the approx cost for Uber for ride at around 9:45am, hopefully past the initial disembarkation rush?

Our Uber ride on a Sunday when we disembarked was around $35. It was a great experience with little traffic. YMMV

• Thanks 1

In December 2022 I took a Lyft from San Pedro to an LAX airport hotel at 10:06am on a Friday morning for $61.24 (including tip) and that was with the Wait and Save rate.  The app doesn't show how long I waited, and I don't remember. 

I thought it would be easier and possibly cheaper to get a ride if I waited until as late as possible to leave the ship, assuming there would be lots of cars in the area as people were getting dropped off at the same time people were being picked up.  I was wrong.  Surge rates were in effect and there were long waits.  I had been watching the rates, and they just kept going up throughout the morning.  If I had to do it again, I'd try to get off the ship and get a ride earlier.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, missnd said:

In December 2022 I took a Lyft from San Pedro to an LAX airport hotel at 10:06am on a Friday morning for $61.24 (including tip) and that was with the Wait and Save rate.  The app doesn't show how long I waited, and I don't remember. 

I thought it would be easier and possibly cheaper to get a ride if I waited until as late as possible to leave the ship, assuming there would be lots of cars in the area as people were getting dropped off at the same time people were being picked up.  I was wrong.  Surge rates were in effect and there were long waits.  I had been watching the rates, and they just kept going up throughout the morning.  If I had to do it again, I'd try to get off the ship and get a ride earlier.

That's exactly what we did the last time we Uber'd from SP up to LAX. Did the earliest self walkoff, around 7:30, were among the first off the ship, no surge pricing and our Uber took only 5 minutes to reach us in the pickup area.

• Like 1