Princess Cruise Exercise Classes Can Be Dangerous

Rramig1

Regardless of an instructor's level of expertise, anyone leading a class (especially on a ship) should start with a welcoming smile, and advise EVERYONE to "participate at their OWN level, and please, do not attempt something you're not comfortable with or which may be outside of your ability."

Simple, effective, caring, professional.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, rheathslc said:

That may be the case. But trained instructors take training in much more than just memorizing the movements. They also learn how to train people safely including how to offer modifications. I know this because all three of my sisters and my mother are/were certified group fitness instructors at the national level as well as being certified personal trainers. One of my sisters has her 200 hour Yoga teacher certification. It is about way more than knowing the movements and poses. They learn basic anatomy and physiology as well.

I agree. 

my gym class has women aged 50-86 and the instructor cater to us all whether it be vertigo, rotator cuff, injuries, dodgy knees. She does the exercise, explains the targeted muscle groups and where you should feel the stretch then says “stretch just as far as you can, make sure your knee is supported etc”. 
This is all part of the time everyone is doing the exercise. She smoothly caters for all.  It’s the good instructors that make the difference you don’t have to be fit or flexible or thin just have the desire to do something for yourself. A step in the right direction starting with small steps. 

it’s a great pity the OP was put off going to classes. 

• Like 2

I was disappointed by the classes offered.  On the website, it lists TRX, so at my gym I had my trainer work with me on TRX so I would know what I was doing.  They didn't offer TRX and the person at the gym didn't know of a Princess ship that does.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, suekel said:

I was disappointed by the classes offered.  On the website, it lists TRX, so at my gym I had my trainer work with me on TRX so I would know what I was doing.  They didn't offer TRX and the person at the gym didn't know of a Princess ship that does.  

The Discovery had TRX classes earlier this year.  At 07:00.  Yeah, sure.  How about 10:00?  it's supposed to be a vacation.

22 minutes ago, suekel said:

I have seen them in the past however they may have stopped them to liabilities 

1 minute ago, 1KBAP said:

The Discovery had TRX classes earlier this year.  At 07:00.  Yeah, sure.  How about 10:00?  it's supposed to be a vacation.

That's awesome though.  Hopefully one of my upcoming cruises will have ity.  But yeah, 7?

2 minutes ago, 1KBAP said:

Honestly this is why I haven't availed myself of the fitness classes included in the packages yet. Haha!

Even though for whatever reason I tend to wake up earlier on a cruise than I ever do at home. I am the type who prefers to work out later in the day.