$25 surcharge now to eat in Wonderland, new?

firefly333

Last time I was on Harmony they wouldn't let me have wonderland for BOGO and it's not excluded in what I see. Now someone with a dining package mentioned there is a $25 surcharge to eat in Wonderland with your dining package. I don't remember seeing this discussed here on cc so thought I'd mention it in the small print. I board Sunday and someone who already bought it before the surcharge wanted to know if the new surcharge would apply if it was added after they purchased the dining pkg.

Just randomly..but here is the 3 day terms saying $25 surcharge for wonderland. ..or any dining pkg now has it, it seems. I planned on BOGO but it seems not wonderland. 

20241003_052320867.jpeg

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Last time I was on Harmony they wouldn't let me have wonderland for BOGO and it's not excluded in what I see. Now someone with a dining package mentioned there is a $25 surcharge to eat in Wonderland with your dining package. I don't remember seeing this discussed here on cc so thought I'd mention it in the small print. I board Sunday and someone who already bought it before the surcharge wanted to know if the new surcharge would apply if it was added after they purchased the dining pkg.

Just randomly..but here is the 3 day terms saying $25 surcharge for wonderland. ..or any dining pkg now has it, it seems. I planned on BOGO but it seems not wonderland. 

20241003_052320867.jpeg

That is Wonderland by DaDong which is only on Spectrum in Asia

• Like 4

Well I'll know very soon. Idk why last year they had trouble accommodating me. I asked both at izumi when I boarded and later I asked the ambassador in the crown lounge who didnt seem smart or know,edfeable. 

Next time I'll go there first or a different pay restaurant. 

11 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

We sailed on Harmony two weeks ago and ate at Wonderland as part of our dining package and they charged us the surcharge and it was listed on the site when we made the purchase so was not a suprise. 

You should not have been and you should call post cruise guest relations and get that refunded.

Wonderland by DaDong is a totally different restaurant and only on the Spectrum in Asia.  

The $25 surcharge does not apply to Wonderland

Edited by Ken at the beach
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2024 at 3:48 AM, Ken at the beach said:

That is Wonderland by DaDong which is only on Spectrum in Asia

Hmmm, that's interesting. I wonder why it's different. When we sailed Spectrum last year we didn't get an upcharge (although it sounds like the upcharge is a new thing), and the menu is exactly the same in Asia as it is in the Caribbean. 

22 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Hmmm, that's interesting. I wonder why it's different. When we sailed Spectrum last year we didn't get an upcharge (although it sounds like the upcharge is a new thing), and the menu is exactly the same in Asia as it is in the Caribbean. 

They may have changed the menu but initially it was different,  Not surprising fine print has not changed

• Like 1

On 10/3/2024 at 1:07 PM, Ken at the beach said:

You should not have been and you should call post cruise guest relations and get that refunded.

Wonderland by DaDong is a totally different restaurant and only on the Spectrum in Asia.  

The $25 surcharge does not apply to Wonderland

It was listed as a upcharge on the unlimited dining package option on the RCCL site when we made the purchase. They had the upcharges clealy listed on the site as the time we made the purchase so we were well aware of them and expected it. Also had a small upcharge on the Isume Habachi dinner. It was clearly listed on the site as an additional add on when we made the purchase of the unlimited package. 

48 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

It was listed as a upcharge on the unlimited dining package option on the RCCL site when we made the purchase. They had the upcharges clealy listed on the site as the time we made the purchase so we were well aware of them and expected it. Also had a small upcharge on the Isume Habachi dinner. It was clearly listed on the site as an additional add on when we made the purchase of the unlimited package. 

This is from the listing for the UDP on the Harmony.  Just like for the BOGO the $25 upca=harge is for Wonderland by DaDong.

This is a generic fine print for all ships and list all the upcharges whether that ship has that restaurant or not.  Again, this upcharge only applies to Wonderland by DaDong that apparently no longer even exists on Spectrum and not the Wonderland that is found on the rest of the ships

image.thumb.png.e39f8e5837b59ef60171440a9165583e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1