2025 O Specialty Cruises w/"Exclusive Hosted Voyages"

MEFIowa

From Cruise Industry News yesterday:

"The 2025 Specialty Cruises will explore regions such as the Mediterranean, Alaska and the Far East. Each cruise will offer expert-led onboard programming, featuring lectures, live cooking demonstrations, cooking classes, themed Chef’s Market Dinners in the Terrace Café, fireside chats and exclusive hosted shore excursions."

Oceania Rolls Out 2025 Specialty Cruises with Exclusive Hosted Voyages - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

24 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

From Cruise Industry News yesterday:

"The 2025 Specialty Cruises will explore regions such as the Mediterranean, Alaska and the Far East. Each cruise will offer expert-led onboard programming, featuring lectures, live cooking demonstrations, cooking classes, themed Chef’s Market Dinners in the Terrace Café, fireside chats and exclusive hosted shore excursions."

Oceania Rolls Out 2025 Specialty Cruises with Exclusive Hosted Voyages - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

Sounds like nothing more than what is often currently done on itineraries where it’s easiest to put it together.

Apparently, someone at O is going down the list of existing cruises, putting a check mark next to the ones that qualify and creating a “new” brochure. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Sounds like nothing more than what is often currently done on itineraries where it’s easiest to put it together.

Apparently, someone at O is going down the list of existing cruises, putting a check mark next to the ones that qualify and creating a “new” brochure. 

Wouldn’t all the Food &Wine Trails and GoNext cruises already qualify for the list?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DrHemlock said:

Love to know where those will be held....

I seem to remember when I first cruised on Insignia in 2009 there was some kind of fake fireplace in the Martinis area that have since been removed from the R Ships. Maybe I'm imaging that. Anyone else remember that?

2 hours ago, ORV said:

I seem to remember when I first cruised on Insignia in 2009 there was some kind of fake fireplace in the Martinis area that have since been removed from the R Ships. Maybe I'm imaging that. Anyone else remember that?

There were at least two when Princess had these ships, one in the library on the top deck, one in the Club bar going into the dining room and I think another in another bar. 

3671371684_70b5f87efb_w.jpg

3671364080_e0e5e66b9e_w.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ORV said:

Absolutely remember those fireplaces in Martinis on the R ships!  When the place was packed and we wanted to have a good spot to hear some of the better piano talent, we used to sit on the raised hearth ledge of the fireplace to be closest to the piano player.  Not terribly comfortable for long periods of time, but we both had adequate padding (still do).😄

Now with the newer remodels, if Martinis is packed, we stand for a bit and just continue walking.