Best option based on actual beach quality...??? Are there any in Costa Maya?!

missholly24

I've been reading about Maya Chan and Hayhu Beach Club. They both look great but with crappy beaches. I researched on here also, but cant find any beaches that stand out more than the others? I occasionally see "Costa Maya" pics that look unaltered where the beach is actually blue. Do any beaches have less seaweed than the rest? Sometimes being behind a cove or in a cay can help. Brown water is not my thing, I'm struggling with this Western Carribean choice I made! LOL.....Thank you! 

12 minutes ago, missholly24 said:

I've been reading about Maya Chan and Hayhu Beach Club. They both look great but with crappy beaches. I researched on here also, but cant find any beaches that stand out more than the others? I occasionally see "Costa Maya" pics that look unaltered where the beach is actually blue. Do any beaches have less seaweed than the rest? Sometimes being behind a cove or in a cay can help. Brown water is not my thing, I'm struggling with this Western Carribean choice I made! LOL.....Thank you! 

Not the best area for clear blue water but quality is definitely seasonal and dependent on recent weather. No way of actually predicting on advance but some days are better than others!

Murkiness is caused by both sargassum (seasonal) and disturbed sandy sea bed. Seagrass can also be a problem depending on location.

All the beach clubs along the Malecon occupy the same big bay, somewhat protected these days by baffles. Out of town clubs are individual but all face the same direction and have all had reports of sargassum at on time or another. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

Not the best area for clear blue water but quality is definitely seasonal and dependent on recent weather. No way of actually predicting on advance but some days are better than others!

Murkiness is caused by both sargassum (seasonal) and disturbed sandy sea bed. Seagrass can also be a problem depending on location.

All the beach clubs along the Malecon occupy the same big bay, somewhat protected these days by baffles. Out of town clubs are individual but all face the same direction and have all had reports of sargassum at on time or another. 

Ok thank you so much. I just found Jamies on Trip-advisor looks pretty cool. Might do that.