Sun Princess Sanctuary Collection Reviews?

IndyKid

Looking for input from anyone who is currently aboard the Sun Princess and staying in one of the new Sanctuary Collection rooms, specifically about their impressions of the Sanctuary Club up top and the restaurant on Deck 8. I booked one of the 12 balcony rooms they offer for our trip next May in the Mediterranean, so curious to see what it's like.  

Currently on the Sun, was originally on a balcony and put in an upgrade bid for a Sanctuary Balcony or Sanctuary Minisuite. Our bid for the minisuite was accepted at $220/person.

so far we really like the Sanctuary Collection. We were able to walk on to the restaurant for dinner. Supposedly they’re open for breakfast lunch and dinner.

The actual Sanctuary area is very serene and nice with lots of available loungers.

IMG_0739.jpeg

IMG_0736.jpeg

IMG_0735.jpeg

IMG_0733.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Oh, that looks nice! I might put in a bid to upgrade our SC balcony to a mini-suite also. 

If you would, can you please post the menu from the Sanctuary Restaurant? I've heard they offer a wonderful selection, including prime rib that they bring out on a cart and carve it right at your table?

15 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

Oh, that looks nice! I might put in a bid to upgrade our SC balcony to a mini-suite also. 

If you would, can you please post the menu from the Sanctuary Restaurant? I've heard they offer a wonderful selection, including prime rib that they bring out on a cart and carve it right at your table?

This is from lunch. From what I was told, the menu is static except for soups and the last two entrees (in this case the penne and the striploin.)

I had the burger (which was delicious)! The bacon jam was a little maple-y and the tomato aioli was a little like thousand island if it didn’t have chunks of stuff.

My partner had the burrito which was seasoned well and you couldn’t tell it wasn’t chicken in there.

We also had the mango and key lime cake which was a slight miss. The cake part was very dense and the mango was really mango-y.

Also - the glassware was exceptionally nice with a nice weight in your hand.

Lastly, the room itself had a bottle of sparking wine and a nice canvas tote when we went in.

IMG_0717.jpeg

IMG_0715.jpeg

IMG_0716.jpeg

IMG_0721.jpeg

IMG_0727.jpeg

IMG_0726.jpeg

IMG_0728.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

Oh, wow! I'm not sure I can wait until May!

@bronzey214, do they serve lunch every day, or just on sea days?

I was told every day but I was surprised with that answer so I’ll let you know tomorrow for sure when we’re supposed to be in Princess Cays.

Hurricane Oscar might have something to say about that though 😉

• Like 1

So excited to finally get some details!

We booked Sanctuary when it was Signature on the Star for 2026 after loving the suite class on Celebrity and hoping for a similar experience!

Then we also booked a Sanctuary Mini on Sun to 'preview' the area before coming with our group on the Star.

Thank you for the great pics!  Was worried that opening it up to mini suites and balconies might make it more crowded?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, J18ktleo said:

So excited to finally get some details!

We booked Sanctuary when it was Signature on the Star for 2026 after loving the suite class on Celebrity and hoping for a similar experience!

Then we also booked a Sanctuary Mini on Sun to 'preview' the area before coming with our group on the Star.

Thank you for the great pics!  Was worried that opening it up to mini suites and balconies might make it more crowded?

We stayed there up until sailaway (which just occurred) and it never felt busy at all. Maybe 40% occupied?

• Like 3

Sanctuary Restaurant Breakfast 7:30 am port day 2:

I am logging out of cruise critic for the rest of the week. Glad to see some of my shipmates willing to share so generously on their vacation.

dog gone.

IMG_6112.jpeg

IMG_6116.jpeg

IMG_6117.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

33 minutes ago, dog said:

Sanctuary Restaurant Breakfast 7:30 am port day 2:

I am logging out of cruise critic for the rest of the week. Glad to see some of my shipmates willing to share so generously on their vacation.

dog gone.

IMG_6112.jpeg

IMG_6116.jpeg

IMG_6117.jpeg

Have a wonderful cruise. I look forward to your review of the new Sanctuary Restaurant and the sanctuary itself and how it is functioning with the added suites. Cheers. 

• Like 1